Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • WTD simple lingerie suggestions from the fairer sex
  • stem
    Free Member

My gf has always been one for simple, plain underwear – M&S simple black/White bra and knickers. My many attempts to change this with the purchase of nicer, more interesting lingerie have failed with her rarely wearing any of it. (this sounds good on retracing but isn’t)

So I’m going to go with the flow and buy her some underwear she’ll actually wear but would like something a bit nicer/more luxurious/nicer fabrics and so on than M&S do. Does this exist and if so, any suggestions?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lazybike
    Free Member

This thread is pants……off to get my coat

philconsequence
    Free Member

C_G posted a link to some posh stuff a couple of days ago… other than that i’d be prepared for your thread to be deleted and be banned the moment someone comes along and writes something sexual.

(it might not be the underwear you’ve bought, unless you’ve raided the bin at anne summers, it could be body issues and not feeling comfy in the “sexier” stuff….. i know i feel more comfortable in my plain underwear then the stockings and crothless stuff mrsconsequence keeps buying me)

enduro-aid
    Free Member

the bigger department stores are your best bet john lewis, house of fraser etc

i’m guessing its for xmas so too late to try online

p.s thread is useless with pics

cinnamon_girl

For lovely fabrics and some nice pastel colours try:

http://www.myla.com

These look good, never tried them though:

http://www.bodas.co.uk

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

I would be quite honest maybe other styles does not fit her properly. Triumph make the bras in M&S not sure about the knickers so maybe this is something to take in account. Do you know what style she likes ie with knickers thong, midi, camis, boy shorts, granny bashers? Bras – wired, non-wired, balcony, plunge, minimizer? Depending on her age some underwear just does not look good on anything than a size 6 body. Camel toe and moose knuckle come to mind from the days I use to use the work gym and communal changing rooms. Make sure you get the right size as VPL never looks good. Given that silk underwear always feels nice.

emma82
    Free Member

I probably would advise not to, women are exceptionally hard to buy underwear for because its very hard to find something that fits beautifully, looks nice and makes you feel sexy and they are all very important things to consider when buying anything nice than a pair of pants from Primada. Just about every woman I know has been given nice underwear and none of them rave about it but don’t say a lot because we know deep down the guys are buying it for nice reasons. If you really do want to buy something, go somewhere like anne summers, one of the girls in there will give you a hand and they have some quite nice stuff.

damo2576
    Free Member

20% off here. And there’s videos…

http://www.foxandrose.com/

cinnamon_girl

Of course ‘everyday’ lingerie and ‘boudoir’ lingerie must not be mixed up!

There is a huge selection around these days and some of the fabrics are just gorgeous. But some are too frilly so ‘understated’ may be preferred.

If only you had posted this last week, as I posted up a discount voucher code for Myla. I’ve been very pleased with my purchases from there and they are also very helpful for sizing questions.

Edit: I would also suggest checking out Asos.com as they have a huge range. Also Stella McCartney does some very pretty styles.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what emma82 says

get a voucher for a nice lingerie shop that will do the fitting and make her feel special

juan
    Free Member

wow after reading mrs poddy reply I think that actually choosing a pair of tyres is actually easier than choosing underwear for the SO 😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

Of course ‘everyday’ lingerie and ‘boudoir’ lingerie must not be mixed up!

Nor should the ‘everyday’ lingerie be hidden, in an effort to encourage permanent wearing of the ‘boudoir’ lingerie! 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

Jockey make some nice female underwear – both functional/comfortable (according to my wife) and attractive (according to me).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

knickers thong, midi, camis, boy shorts, granny bashers? Bras – wired, non-wired, balcony, plunge, minimizer?

It’s all too complicated and I’m very frightened. 🙁

‘Granny bashers’ though… 😆

Sorry.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Check out http://www.louloulovesyou.com/

My GF’s cousin is Lou Lou and hand makes everything.

emsz
    Free Member

Calvin Klien do nice stuff if she likes her M&S.

Olly
    Free Member

your not thinking outside the box.

Buy her the undercrackers you would like to see her in.
    Hide/Bin/Burn the M&S ones

Variety is the spice of life though, nothing wrong with M&S plains.
    mmmm, booty shorts…..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I would also 2nd calvin Klein as nice underwear if she likes M&S. They do some nice sexy stuff (I think too) without being sleazy. Oh and 1 bit of advice is to leave the crotchless pants WAY alone…..

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I have the woman a £30 M&S voucher that came with the main gift I got her for christmas.

I full expect her to get 25 pairs of these boner killers (joke, dinnae ban me…).

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Cotton-Rich-Bikini-Knickers/dp/B000QUC8R2?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&sr=1-8&qid=1292958138&pf_rd_r=03C56P886RZH6YW0BRPR&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=59991031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

emma82
    Free Member

Blimey spokes if those are wonderlust killers you should see the pants I wear! You’d run a mile. It is comfy pants week this week too – don’t wanna get a chill 🙂

M_C & emsz just had a look at the ck stuff, some of it is rather nice 🙂 might have to make a birthday purchase methinks.

matt_outandabout

Calvin Klein do some nice but ‘everyday’ stuff.

Woody
    Free Member

Moose knuckle <snigger>

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Emma- it’s not so much the style of them, as the sheer quantity of them.

domino

I’m an M&S girl for everyday underwear. For nicer stuff I have some black Agent Provocateur stuff in lovely fabric. Elle Macpherson underwear is also nice (House of Fraser sell it or online from Figleaves.com).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for Myla here. Flirty, not dirty

ojom
    Free Member

It was suggested to me that Santa should be looking on the Calvin Klein stand at John Lewis and should pick a very certain model as it had been tested and was known to be wanted by the intended recipient.

ivantate
    Free Member

the missus seems to spend alot at figleaves.com

Divagirl
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    Calvin Klein do nice stuff if she likes her M&S.

+1

http://www.calvinkleininc.com/underwear/women.aspx

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I also happen to live near a handy but hideous outlet village….only ever go there for the CK stuff bargain!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I would avoid trying to be honest, I struggle to buy bras for myself I wouldn’t even try for someone else.

p.s. M & S seem to use a different sizing system to most other manufacturers, I’d be wary of getting the same size elsewhere and presuming it will fit.

MoreCashThanDash

Depending on her size, Bravissimo is well thought of by MrsSwadey – they have a few shops as well as on line stuff.

MrsSwadey has obviously been looking at their website recently as when I open the STW home page the Google ads window defaults to Bravissimo at the moment. Very distracting when I want to see how the Pivot Mach 4 is riding……

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Swadey Bravissimo is four ladies with big norks…so depends on her size.

MisterT

White Stuff is doing some very nice knickers at the moment… couple them with simple bras from elsewhere and you’ll likely be onto a winner.

my lady likes fancy stuff so just got her some nice Karren Millen silk ones….

sugdenr
    Free Member

Figleaves etc cost me a fortune but nothing ever fitted just right.

Sloggi – more elegant yet still comfortable version of M&S etc.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

+1 for Calvin Klein – good selection at Figleaves.

br
    Free Member

The thing with M&S is that you know they will take back anything you buy, so she can swap.

But they do decent stuff too:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Overlaid-Lace-Padded-Basque/dp/B0049L0XSU?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_18&sr=1-18&qid=1292970006

emsz
    Free Member

Wow b r , that’s about as far away from what Stem had in mind as you could get! I think he’s after everyday stuff not bedroom only stuff!

NZCol

Much as it pains me to say it Icebreaker do some nice womans undergear – my missus likes the undercrackers etc. and I get them free so i suppose that helps.

And you can wipe your face on them.

Actually i just reread that bit and it wasn;t exactly how I meant it but I’ll leave it there anyway !

Daren’t Google search skimpy pants for fear of ‘the premenstrual beast’ thinking I’m perving, but I currently find more is more…..

i.e. the knickers that resemble skimpy hotpants do it for me, rather than G-strings and thongs.

Probably would be more appreciated by the mrs too

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘WTD simple lingerie suggestions from the fairer sex’ is closed to new replies.