Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WTD: Frame Repair in Scotland
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

I’ve managed to crack a chainstay on my 2014 Kona Unit and was wondering if anyone knows of a frame repair wizard to give her a weld? I’m based in Stirling so looking for somewhere relatively local.

Cheers

NewRetroTom

Shand repaired my mate’s old kona when the same thing happened a few years ago. Give them a shout.

tjagain

Ben at kinetics. Based in north Glasgow. One of us and a good guy. http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/

troberts1994
    Free Member

I’ve given them both a try, Shand are up to their eyeballs in orders at the moment and Ben no longer does repairs! Any more suggestions would be appreciated!

NewRetroTom

Andy at Eastside Bikes in Edinburgh might be able to help. He has been building some good looking frames recently but not sure if he does repairs.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Clarkston bike centre used to have someone who did repairs.

http://www.clarkstoncycles.co.uk/cycle-repairs-glasgow.html

Have never used them though.

StirlingCrispin

Mark Leadbetter in Alva will sort you out.

Email me and I’ll reply with his number.

(He fixed my Soul when I snapped the chainstay.)

PS: His details are here:

troberts1994
    Free Member

Mark Leadbetter in Alva will sort you out.

I’ve heard great things about his work! I wasn’t aware he could repair frames though!

murf
    Free Member

On roughly the same topic, I’ve been after someone to weld a rear disc mount to my 1996 steel Kona and then respray it.
    I tried Shand but they are not doing repairs/paint as they are so busy with their own bikes.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I stay near Inverness but travel all over Scotland for work.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Murf, contact Willy Bain in Glasgow, great guy, and if he can’t do it he will defo know a good guy who can.

troberts1994
    Free Member

Murf I’d give Ben at Kinetics in Glasgow a try. He no longer does repairs so couldn’t help me but he does do frame modifications so sticking a disc mount on a frame would be straightforward for him.

kennedy
    Free Member

Get anywhere with this? Been trying Mark Leadbetter all week but can’t seem to get any answer…?

bencooper
    Free Member

Problem is those of us who do lots of framebuilding are too busy doing lots of framebuilding!

Clarkston Cycle Centre is who I’ve been suggesting – and Common Wheel in Glasgow now have ocyacetylene and someone reasonably competent to wield it.

murf
    Free Member

I’m a patient chap, Ben. I’ve had the bike 21 years so I’d be happy to book it in for whenever you’re free 😉

DickBarton

Think Mark has been on holiday last week, hopefully he’ll be in touch soon.

Disc and respray I think could be done by Magnafibre – certainly the respray, he is also in Alva and might be able to share the work with Mark if needed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Willy Bain in Glasgow

Lieutenant Pigeon?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I second Andy at Eastside bikes, he knows his stuff and does good quality work.

I’ve had two frames modified, one custom build by him and a number of friens have had custom frames from him too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Frame Repair in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.