Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTD – Cheap All Day Parking Central Manchester, help please.
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi,

Going on a course for a few days in central Manchester (near St Peters Sq) in Aug and have just noticed that the Tram will be closed for the whole of Aug due to improvements. There will be a replacement Bus, but might be a bit slow.

Can anyone recommend me a car park that's near-ish that has cheap all day parking should I chose to drive instead?

Thanks,

Stu.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Walk, it's not exactly far. 10mins at the very very most from Piccadilly station.

squin
    Free Member

Dooosuk, maybe I didn't explain properly, I didn't want to get the tram from Piccadilly to St Peters Sq, I would normally get the tram from Altrincham to town, but I'm thinking of driving instead, hence on the look out for a cheap park.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Museum of Science and Industry charge £5 a day for visitors. That's what most folk in Manchester do when I've been trying to visit the Museum.

Flaperon

Dump your car in the Printworks car park. When you go back to collect it, go via the Printworks and find the tiny machine just to the left of the Odeon entrance. Stick your ticket in there and let it print an extra barcode onto the end.

Voila, all-day city-centre parking for about £4.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks people. Flaperon – interesting, might check that out.

Stu.

stumpyjon

Or possibly the wrong side of the city centre but try the carparks between Strangeways and the MEN arena, £ 3 something all day.

squin
    Free Member

Teetosugars – that's a very kind offer, thank you, but I will check out near the MEN as I might need to chop and change my travel plans. Thanks for the map.

Stu

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No dramas Bru..

The one under the arches is spot on..

Having said that, there is also the site of the old Boddys' Brewery that has been flatend, and they are using that as a carpark..

mavisto
    Free Member

I work just off Oxford Road and park on the old Boddies Brewery site. I don't walk very quick cos I hate arriving too hot and bothered in the office and that normally takes about 19 mins. I've played about with my GPS and it's 1.1 miles.

£3 and there are usually people on the gate all day.

There's a really cheap one on Rochdale Road. I think it is £1.50 all day. It's about the same distance walking but I had my number plates nicked from there so I don't use it. It's right opposite a police station too!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTD – Cheap All Day Parking Central Manchester, help please.’ is closed to new replies.