Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wtd a bit of car advice from those in the know
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi im upgrading my trusty 96 mondeo to something else i have around 2.5k but unsure of a couple of things

is it better to go for lower miles on an older car or newer car with more miles ?

also im looking at either 2000/01 volvo v40 or saab 95 or 53/04 vectra or mondeos . part of me says tho the volvo/saabs are older they are better built and likely to last longer (that said my 96 mondeo is still great) but other part says ford/vauxhall is newer so will last longer

any input 😉
    cheers all

Joxster
    Free Member

I got a Saab 95 with 90k on the clock and I’ve now added another 80k in the last 2yrs with nothing more than a service.

firestarter
    Free Member

oh and parts wise are the saab/volvo way more expensive than ford/vauxhall

ta

Joxster
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed, Saab are owned by GM so technically you’re getting a Vectra with a body kit, a make over and an engine that’s been tinkered with. Mine will fly at 145mph fully loaded

Flaperon

Personally, I’d say newer car more miles. I have a 2003 Passat TDI with 100k, cost me £2500 last year with 90k on the clock and a full service. It’s the top-spec one and can get 60mpg on a long run cruising at 70.

Trekster

go to a breakers yard and ask what they get most off and what they are asked for in the way of second hand bits re models you are asking about.
    Or your mot station will tell you hwat car fails for what.

Then look at Passats and Skodas

price a cam belt change & do it. Mate had`nt gotten round to doing his sons “new” Clio one and has just cost him dearly!!!

Mate swears by his old Volvos

Another swore at his Saab every time he travelled on the motorway and it broke down. Finding someone who has the tools to fix them also is aproblem as was getting spares. he now has a Focus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘wtd a bit of car advice from those in the know’ is closed to new replies.