Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • WTB saddles, rocket v speed v etc etc. whats good, bad , ugly
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

there seem to be lots of differnet names but which are good and which are shiiiiiiiiittte!

uplink
    Free Member

depends on your arse & your arse alone – I'm afraid

The Rocket V that suits me may well cripple you

ddmonkey

I've had a few and they all tend to be pretty comfy for me, but some have fallen apart faster than others. The names are so confusing however that I really couldn't advise you at all…

Zoolander
    Free Member

Have a shadow v . It's very light and very hard, not much padding. I like it though. Had a rocket v before had more padding and the stiching wore quite quickly , was also comfy though

smiffkin

Pure V is really comfortable and suits my bum.

sambob
    Free Member

they do seem quite small in size compared to a charge spoon or fizik aliante for example. might suit you more than me though

ntreid
    Free Member

I've got a Rocket V, lovely padding & shape for me. When this one's gone I'll get another Rocket V without question. Plus you can get them for a bargain price.

Bad points though: It was uncomfortable until I got it to just the right angle; Stitching is wearing (but just cosmetic). Weighs a bit more than I'd like, but I'll happily take the extra 1/4lb penalty for the comfort.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pure V is really comfortable and suits my bum.

+1

Rocket V is OK but not quite so nice.

Devo also quite good for me. Silverado is a bit hard.

Power V (DH saddle) is bigger and comfier than the sofa I'm sat on now.

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have Rocket V's on all my bikes

joolsburger
    Free Member

Had a pure V that got ripped to shreds now have a shadow which is lighter and a bit race looking but oddly just as comfy.

13thfloormonk

I have two Pure Vs now, the OEM one that came with my Marin (really soft) and the aftermarket posh one on my Charge, which looks loads better but isn't quite as soft.

Both great though. I thought the Rocket V was good too, just preferred the Pure V

coatesy
    Free Member

I'd love to recommend the same as mine, but the writing's gone so no idea what it is, but i'd avoid the ones with stitching either side of the groove as it forms quite a stiff edge, the moulded leather covers are a much better bet, and Ti rails can make a difference(especially on a hardtail).

Big-Chris
    Free Member

I've tried a Rocket V – wasn't that well made & not as comfy as an SDG Bel Air for my arse. I got the Ti rail light version for around £30 off ebay (new), & it's been the longest lasting & comfiest saddle I've owned. I'd buy another when this one finally wears out.

Mugboo

I have em on all my bikes.

Pure V good

Race version (Ti rails) light but not as strong, stick with the Pure V next time.

kiwijohn

SST reissue is the original & best. Got me one, should never let my original one go.

Hairychested
    Free Member

SST, Rocket and another one here. After some 10 years of trying to find better I went back to them.
    Although I prefer SDG Ti on my 456 for some reason.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘WTB saddles, rocket v speed v etc etc. whats good, bad , ugly’ is closed to new replies.