Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • WTB saddles
  • MartynS

I’ve used a speed v for years. However it now seems they are discontinued, so I’m in a saddle quandary!
    Is there a direct replacement, or something similar I should look at?

Ta

Stoner
    Free Member

I used to use Rocket Vs for years but now find that Charge Spoons fit very well.

binners

I believe the Standard answer is Charge Spoon.

I always had WTB saddles – Rocket V’s – but then moved over to Charge Spoon’s, which are bloody great. I’m sure you’d get on with them. But I’ve now discovered Madisson Flux which are the same as the Charge, fit-wise but are ridiculously cheap, and more durable.

Worth a punt at that price

P20

Charge spoon is ok, but I still prefer my Rocket

Stoner
    Free Member

those flux look bargin

coogan
    Free Member

My butt is Rocket shaped. They haven’t stopped them have they?!

kiwijohn

Went from an SST to a Volt. Still fit the same.

13thfloormonk

I was/am a Rocket/Spoon man, but have since got on really well with the Pure V, it looks wider than the rocket but seems to work equally well.

jameso

Volts and Rockets fit the same, both a tad narrower than the Speed or Pure Vs. Big fan of WTBs saddles here, used the Velo 1205 (the Velo Taiwan mold that the Spoon, Flux and loads of others are based on) for years and it’s a good shape for most, the WTBs are a different shape and for me they’re much comfier for longer rides, 1205s are ok for up to 5-6 hours and then it all gets a bit shuffly-uncomfy.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

SDG bel air, the older one not the 2.0, is very Rocketesque.

binners

Stoner – they fit exactly like a Spoon, but they’re better made and last miles longer. Can’t go wrong at that price

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I discovered the Pure V several years ago after trying all sorts of saddles. Slightly wider than most sports saddles which suits my arse perfectly and I have one on all my bikes now, road and MTB.

bluebird
    Free Member

I went from a Race V to a Volt. So far not issues at all.

Stoner
    Free Member

New build in the offing, so have decided to have a go at one of those Fluxes. 30% cheaper than a spoon. Cheers binners.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I’ve use WTB Pure for years on road and mountain bikes because the extra width suits my big arse. The new Rocket is available now in 3 widths (as is the Volt)- 130mm, 142mm and 150mm.

I just bought a 150mm Rocket and it is a lot firmer than my Pure saddles but not uncomfortable. It may just need a bit of breaking in.

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m big fan of the Volt.
    I tried a WTB Silverado on a demo bike recently and it felt very similar.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt know where to start with saddle width. I still think someone should set up a saddle library 🙂

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

I wouldnt know where to start with saddle width. I still think someone should set up a saddle library

You can get your sit bones measured at a Specialized dealer which is a good starting point. Various saddle exchange programs have been tried in the past but fade away. Little money in it I am guessing for all of the organisation involved but it would be a nice facility to have.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

all my MTBs have WTB Silverados on. The Charge Spoon has a similar shape but is harder and I sold mine after 1 ride, the Silverado has a more flexible shell and cutaways (in the shell, not the padding) on the sit bone and perineal pressure points which gives more comfort whilst still being supportive.

Stoner
    Free Member

Madison Flux arrived the other day.

Definitely more squish in it than the spoon, especially on the biffin’s bridge area.

It’s marked 142mm wide on the bottom.

comparison with my spoon.

havent had a go on it yet, waiting to be fitted to a new build.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘WTB saddles’ is closed to new replies.