• This topic has 57 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by P20.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • wtb Nano's at Planet X
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

The 700×40 ones in TCS flavour. Is there a catch, ie they are a now budget version or are they the good ones?
    I’m a cynical soul 🙄

dmck16
    Free Member

Watching with interest, could do with a spare set!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the ones I’ve been using 😀

cp

There pukka. Ridden mine for a few rides now, they’re excellent tyres. Paid 16 for mine at the end of last year mad sale.

Vortexracing

Mine seem spot on, in fact I may splash out on another set

honeybadgerx

They’re great apart from weeping incessantly if you’re trying to go tubeless. Also, depending where/how you ride, the sidewalls are pretty thin.

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

They’re great apart from weeping incessantly if you’re trying to go tubeless.

The P-X ones are the proper “TCS” tubeless version, so that’s surprising given that my “Comp” non-tubeless version hold air and don’t weep.

WTB do a third version, the lightweight “Race”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a bit more fragile though.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I wonder if I could squeeze these into my Escapade

P20

I’m wondering if they’d fit my Full Monty, I doubt it though

honeybadgerx

It’s the PX ones I’ve got… Not an uncommon issue from other posts on here it seems. Still great tyres though if you’re running with tubes.

Pyro

I got a pair recently that I’m running tubeless on an X so they should fit the Escapade. They seem to be the genuine decent article, not a lower spec, and they’ve gone up tubeless just fine on my Hunt wheels, even with the cheapy latex I got from one of PX’s random number sales a few months ago. Tiny bit of weeping around a couple of the moulding hairs but that’s been it, they sealed pretty easily just with a track pump as well.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I have a pair from Planet X, running tubeless on an Escapade.

All working well

honeybadgerx

with the cheapy latex

I use Stan’s and I’ve wondered about putting some cheaper/quicker setting fluid in there to give them a solid seal and then switch back to Stan’s again.

Pyro

I just bought a bottle of the latex cheap in the sale and thought I’d try it out. Lobbed some glitter in as a helper but that’s it, seems to work fine.

Picto
    Free Member

Running them on a pair of crossmax ust wheels. Easiest tubeless tyre I have every fitted. Went straight up and sealed without issue using stans sealant.

vincienup
    Free Member

The TCS rating on WTB’s is more about the bead than the construction.

TCS has a square bead that is exactly to true UST spec – which is why they can be a PITA on Stans’ apparently.

vincienup
    Free Member

FWIW I love my CrossWolfs and I’m kicking myself I didn’t buy more before the price went up for the Cross season last year.

They weren’t too bad on a long road ride (Way Of The Roses), but handle all the natural trail stuff around the Dark Peak well enough too. My current fave CX tyre.

stuc
    Free Member

For those asking about the Escapade then mine were very tight on stans crest rims. Have taken the paint off the chain stays – I think a combination of wheel flex and not much clearance. There was a rumour that early ones were coming out nearer 45mm so I could have had a pair of those. Have changed to a 35mm Cross Boss for the rear of the Escapade now, Nano front, both TCS versions and just set up tubeless on Hope xc rims relatively easily.

Pyro

Clearance on the Escapade must be tighter than it is on the X then, I’ve got loads of space.

mechanicaldope

Well, I’ve either just ordered one or three pairs of these (depending on whether their ‘opps something went wrong’ messages means the orders were placed or not) so hopefully they will fit my Croix de fer and run tubeless.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Are the Nanos as sketchy on wet tarmac as I’m led to believe?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair if any wants any for 30 shipped, can do pics tomorrow, email in profile

johnnystorm

Nanos are fine on tarmac wet or dry. Not sketchy and not draggy considering their knobbly tread.

P20

Dirty, ygpm

oxym0r0n

Thanks for the heads up OP. Have been toying between these and Schwalbe X for a while and This has just saved me £££ 😀

Always got on really well with these in 26″ flavour – let’s hope there’s enough clearance in my forks…

rwb61
    Free Member

Just got a pair, tight to get on crest rims but went up easy and hold pressure well with no sealant in yet. Ride nice too

slimjim78
    Free Member

Typical. I just logged in to buy a pair and they’ve disappeared from the site.

Snooze/lose etc

*EDIT*
    They are still listed on the Planet X site. Huh?

oxym0r0n

Hmm No notification of dispatch yet and I need them for Saturday 😕

mechanicaldope

I got the order confirmation on the 25th but nothing so far on dispatch. I assume this is how this company works is it (slow)?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I hope everyone who wanted these for £20, the price they’ve been for well over a month, got their order in before midnight…

They are now £30 when you go to the product page, despite what the outer page says.

On the plus side, in the new March prices, there are a load of products back at more appealing prices.

mechanicaldope

Well, if it turns out I have ordered 6 tyres instead of 2 I am happy to sell them at cost plus postage to anyone interested.

itslightlike
    Free Member

I’m interested in a pair
    Email in profile.

mechanicaldope

Ok. Will let you know how many turn up.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Cripes – ordered a pair plus some tubeless spunk at lunchtime yesterday, just had them arrive at my door.

Tyres look great.

oxym0r0n

Mine have arrived today in time for some weekend adventuring… no email to say they had been dispatched but very good service on the phone

mechanicaldope

I have three pairs…. 😳

scotroutes

Greedy!! 🙂

andeh

Got mine a couple of weeks ago but can’t seem to get them to hold air for more than a day or 2 tubeless. Rims are the WTB TCS ones that come with an Escapade and I’m using Stans rim tape and Bonty (bit runny) fluid. Tips?

johnnystorm

I had one leaky one, would go flat every few days. I put another scoop of stans in and a half scoop of glitter. It stays up now.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Bought these and it’s my first time trying tubeless – for my first time bike build, so I thought why not try.
    I’ve got one sealed and one leaky one. I’ll try again with the leaky one, but maybe I need to source some glitter stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘wtb Nano's at Planet X’ is closed to new replies.