Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wtb nano vs clement MSO
  • ceepers

Anyone have experience of both these tyres in 40c flavour for mixed on/off road cx rides?

tang
    Free Member

Nano are a great tyre that I’ve used for a week in Wales on lane and big hills, but not for heavy mud. Today:

ceepers

How do the nanos roll on road?

The 32 c Clements are pretty good on Tarmac and it bad on dry offroad

My cx rides are 50/50 trail and devon lanes. No roots but some slightly rocky double track

tang
    Free Member

They roll well pumped up, great on rocks.

somafunk

The clements roll very good on the road and for dry trail use they are ace – i used them up at Aviemore in April this year, brilliant tyre for the conditions but pricy – unfortunately the don’t work very well tubeless so had to run them tubed.

I’m currently running On-One Gravel road 40mm and they are helluva decent for the money (just back from a week at Aviemore riding on them), set up tubeless no problem and they roll very well on tarmac and give more grip than the clements off road – they size up spot on at 40mm on my Velocity Aileron rims and are quite happy at anything from 25 psi off road to 50 psi on road.

Quite a bargain tyre so i’ve ordered a spare pair

jameso

I ride Chilterns clag on nanos quite happily. Not as grippy as a mud tyre but much better than they should be for a good dry and loose conditions tread. Very predictable when they slide, fun tyres. One of the best true all-round tyre patterns out there for a cx bike imo.

johnnystorm

Another vote for the oo Gravel road. Only replaced with something else as they were out of stock at the time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wtb nano vs clement MSO’ is closed to new replies.