• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WTB Nano 40s
  • jimdubleyou

I fancy some of these for my Arkose – a few qs:

1) Anybody fitted them to an Arkose? Do they fit?
    2) Looking on the website, they appear to be built for tubes – can you get slime tubes in 700/40 or will my 700/35 work? … or …
    3) Is it worth setting them up ghetto tubeless?

tang
    Free Member

I run the race (folding, non tubeless specific) tubeless on crests and enve no problems.

benp1

They were standard fit on my Arkose, but it’s a 2015 2 so didn’t have a front derailleur

If you’re running it might be tight

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I set mine up tubeless on some Kinesis CX Disc wheels. They’re the TCS model which is tubeless ready.
    Pretty good tyres from my experiences so far.

Shackleton

Yes they fit but you have to pivot the fd around a bit if you have the stupid 5800 series one. I’m using the TCS version so no tubes here.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ive run the race (folding, non tubeless specific) tubeless on Kinesis CX disc wheels. Set up was fine and had no issues

jimdubleyou

Cheers all. Have pulled the trigger. 🙂

jameso

^ Arkose with Nano 40 and 5800 FD. Closer than it was on 5700 but OK in all but grassy clag ime.

richardthird

Fantastic tyres. Defo go tubeless if you can. Std Race folding should go up easily enough. Measured at a voluminous 41.5mm on DT XR331s.

robinmcc
    Free Member

Apologies for the thread hijack – notmyrealname how did you set up the Kinesis CX wheels tubeless? just stans yellow tape or a proper rubber rim strip – any issues so far?

Thanks.

richardthird

Robin, Disc v3s with Gorilla tape here, holding non tubeless tyres well low 40s psi. (Compass Barlow Pass)

slowjo
    Free Member

Love mine, fast rolling on and off road and grippy when required on most surfaces.

Tubeless setup on Hunt 4 Seasons Disc wheels.

A mate has them on a 2015 Arkose – they are tight, but not fag paper tolerances – but seem not to cause him any problems.

phy7tes
    Free Member

Has anybody done tubeless with the Alex rims on an arkose?

frepster
    Free Member

Has anybody had any issues with these nanos coming in oversize? Ive just ordered some of the TCS variant from CRC and they are coming at almost 45mm wide and such a tall profile they foul the seattube on my new cotic escapade.

richardthird

Widely reported as being generous. But 42 not quite 45!

robinmcc
    Free Member

Richard
    Thanks for that. I’ve been thinking about converting mine but couldn’t find anything on the web saying how, and if there were any issues.

benp1

I’d like to know if anyone has done tubeless with the Alex rims as standard (490?). Particularly with the wire beaded nanos

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WTB Nano 40s’ is closed to new replies.