Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • WTB KOM rims and Tubeless valves, my what a big hole you have
  • bigjim

I’ve been using stan’s tubeless valves on KOM rims, but they rapidly work their way through the hole in the rim with the air pressure, and let the air out. Also damaged them when pushing them back through.

Before biting the bullet on the WTB ones, does anyone know if they are actually wider than stan’s?

I could probably botch my damaged stan’s ones with a strip of inner tube but the real thing would be more comforting.

wiggles
    Free Member

I don’t think they are the much wider. I am currently having a problem trying to get my rear i23 to seal around the valve (used several different valves)

Northwind

My WTB ones are a fair bit wider/fatter. Also, if the Superstar ones aren’t exactly the same part, I’ll be pretty surprised- certainly can’t tell them apart. The Roval ones are a different design but also have a much bigger base and would probably do the job.

Er, hmm. I have no idea what valve I’m using in my i25, but whatever it is, it works fine. Mavic maybe or Roval.

benpinnick

Fwiw Effetto valves are probably the most versatile size wise.

qwerty
    Free Member

My first dabble into tubeless is KOM 23mm with WTB valves, no problems to report, all works fine.

puffnutts
    Free Member

I use the Roval valves and tape with KOM rims. Has worked without a problem.

leegee

23mm KOM rims and DT swiss valves here, they seal but aren’t perfect

yorkycsl
    Free Member

A mate had KOM’s built with WTB valves & not a single issue, I’ve had i23’s on a Bronson with original WTB valves for getting on 18 months & perfect.

bigjim

Ta, I might just get the wtb valves then, or thooperthtar ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘WTB KOM rims and Tubeless valves, my what a big hole you have’ is closed to new replies.