Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WTB i25 rims + purg grid tires
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Do WTB rims work with specialized grid tires?? I’ve struggled for 2hours to get a purg grid on this rim and I’m a broken man, with bloody stumps where my thumbs used to be.

The vigilante on the front was tough, but went…the grid tire just does not look like the bead will stretch enough.

Which tires do WTB rims play nice with?

jakd95
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of On One Chunky Monkey/Smorgasbord on a set, which weren’t too much of a pain to get on. A mate has a Magic Mary/Minion DHR I think and hasn’t said anything about them being a struggle.

Edit: And once on the rims they went up incredibly easily tubeless, 2 wraps of gorilla tape and just the track pump was enough.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve had Spesh Grid Purg & Butch on KOM i23 go up with a track pump, easiest combo ever, sorry. Vigilante went on easily with a tyre inflator too.

leegee

One tip which has helped me since I heard it, turn the tyres inside out and leave them at least overnight like that.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I’m using tubes, so not concerned with seating tubeless (yet) I just cannot get the bastard on the rim,

Oh, and the Purg grid was a used tire,

Northwind

There’s 3 different i25s for what it’s worth, they’re all slightly different- but I had a Frequency i25 and an ST i23 and no issues getting any tyres onto them inc at least one grid. They’re a relatively flat rim so need a little more care/technique when fitting though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WTB i25 rims + purg grid tires’ is closed to new replies.