Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • WTB Horizon vs Byway vs Resolute
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

I hesitated in buying the WTB Resolute from Chain Reaction and now I can’t seem to find stock anywhere (650b).

At the moment I’m running 700x40c Nanos in my Genesis CdA and there’s still a bit of room left.

I know the Horizon and Byway are 47c, so I’m not sure if they’d fit with a 23mm inner width 650b rim.

The Resolutes seemed like a good bet at a smaller size, but now I’m thinking about trying one of the other two instead. I’d be riding them to work and back on the road through winter and around the local park land etc.

Worth risking trying Byway/Horizon do you think?

johnw1984
    Free Member

3-legged donkey it is then! 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I know the Horizon and Byway are 47c, so I’m not sure if they’d fit with a 23mm inner width 650b rim.

i use Horizon’s with a Hunt 650b wheel set and they are 25mm outer/20mm inner – so you’ll be fine

i wouldn’t want to use Horizons or Byways in a UK winter off road, theres naff all grip

johnw1984
    Free Member

Cheers dirtyrider, that gives me more confidence. I was originally going for Horizons as they seem like a decent all round choice.

It’s not like I’m going to be nailing muddy turns or anything on it 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Used my crc resolutes for the first time today, lots of surface mud. Seem good for that. Bit slower on tarmac that the G one all-rounds but definitely more comfort off road.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I was going to go for them originally scruff, but they seem to be sold out everywhere now 🙁

The commute to work is less than 3 miles round, so it would have been fine.

scruff
    Free Member

I missed the cheap DHR2’s if that’s any help 😥

johnw1984
    Free Member

Boo, it does sting when you miss out 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘WTB Horizon vs Byway vs Resolute’ is closed to new replies.