Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WTB Breakout 2.5 light fast or tough fast ???
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Considering one of these for the rear in 27.5 x 2.5.
    Just noticed there is now a choice between the tough fast rolling carcass @ 1090grams
    And the light fast rolling @ 874grams.
    Last time I looked I’m sure the was only the heavier option available.
    Anyone used either, going to pair it up with a 2.8 nobby nic on front.
    I’ll prob go for the lighter one unless anyone’s had problems with them??
    There’s also a high grip version but I’ve discounted this for the rear.

muggomagic

I have used a few different WTB models on the front of my 29er and I have found the light versions to have fairly fragile sidewalls. I personally wouldn’t use a light one on the rear. I do like to run low pressures though.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Cheers muggo, that’s what I needed to know, if they’ve got fragile sidewalls I’ll go for the tough casing as I want to run low pressures too.

psycorp
    Free Member

I’ve got the tough on the rear of my bouncer. They are meaty tyres. I’ve got it paired with a 2.8 NN oddly enough. It’s a good combo and suits the way I ride.

samuelr
    Free Member

I run the breakout 2.5 rear in tough fast rolling. Sidewalls are nice and thick so can run them low psi.
    They come up a lot bigger than my maxxis hr2. A lot of volume to the tyre.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Sounds good, I ran a 2.8 nic on the front of my strive most of last summer, hoping the 2.5 fits in the rear, I think it will, tried the 2.8 nic on the rear just rubbed on the edge knobs ever so slightly so wasn’t rideable.
    The 2.3 slaughter I used instead just seemed to slow the bike down on the rough stuff when front 2.8 was floating over it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WTB Breakout 2.5 light fast or tough fast ???’ is closed to new replies.