Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • wrong sort of fun
  • iDave
    Free Member

6 months ago i bought an sevyelor inflatable sit on top kayak from fleabay. just mucking around on the canal, a bit of fitness stuff etc. today had it in the surf and it was ace. had a few full rinse cycles and sand blasts but was just insane fun. nothing further to add.

TheBrick
    Free Member

This thread is titled “wrong sort of fun”

the first line contains

“I bought” + “inflatable” + “just mucking around”

what has been imagined can not be unimagined.

cranberry
    Free Member

what has been imagined can not be unimagined.

I just feel cheated. I opened this thread hoping that it would be the highlight of a slightly average Tuesday evening.

Did anyone hear the rumour that iDave was caught in public with his inflatable, you know…, thingie ?

meehaja
    Free Member

I love kayak surfing, its great fun, and I’m sure plenty will disagree with me but I think it is better than board surfing in the uk as you can catch pretty much any wave, and even if its flat you can have fun!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The OP never lets the forum down.

Live canal. Train waves.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I love how waves seem huge when I’m in my boat; so much effort to catch them and so little so ride them 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as the wrong sort of fun?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as the wrong sort of fun?

Yes.

iDave
    Free Member

My son managed to get folded up in the kayak, he seemed to have left a bit of air on the outside when pumping it up. Back in there in half an hour, waves seem bigger. Call back later for an exciting update. No really, I insist.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*perches precariously on edge of seat*

konabunny
    Free Member

how is it on canals and calm harbours/inlets/stuff?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s been great everywhere so far konabunny. i’m really surprised how it’s handled the surf, but today looks bigger, so will report back later if A&E has wifi.

konabunny
    Free Member

lol!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I saw some people standing up paddling surfboards along a canal a while back, kind of like the opposite of this.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Is he dead yet?

iDave
    Free Member

somewhat deflated. small hole in the thingy. tried all sorts of shonky repair methods but it’s on a seam. have now purchased some gloop that takes 12 hours to set. quite disappointing really. nothing more to add.

and the surf is awful, never seen polzeath so flat.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘wrong sort of fun’ is closed to new replies.