Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Writing a blog, where to host etc – how does it work then?
  • cinnamon_girl

I know there’s plenty on here that blog so would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks. 🙂

scotroutes

I use Blogger. Google host it. You can, however, do a redirect from your own URL if you have a domain of your own, mine is therefore called blog.scotroutes.com.

I found blogger pretty easy to use and customise, including the ability to have “non-blog” pages for some stuff.

The Android app for it is pretty poor though.

I only started mine as I was already keeping a wee diary of some trips and then got some nice feedback on here after a couple of posts so thought that other folk might enjoy it. It has, however, become a bit of an issue for me and I’m mid-edit explaining why.

DaRC_L

scotroutes + 1,
    the Android App is not very good at submitting posts

cinnamon_girl

Thanks scotroutes, thanks very helpful. I have looked at your blog in the past, will have a look now.

CraigW
    Free Member

Or WordPress is fine. Just go to wordpress.com and sign up for free. That includes hosting, with plenty space for photos etc.
    Quite a few themes to choose from, so you pick one that looks nice. A free account does have a few adverts, but they are not too annoying.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks both. 🙂

sazter

I use blogger, not too happy with how mine looks but thats due to me being always busy and never taking time to sort it. Will do it soon I hope, am about a month late on my update as I am too busy with the van at the mo, hopefully back on it soon. 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

WordPress if you want to customise the look and feel. Loads of templates, plugins and flexibility.

Tumblr is an option for something simple and neat.

Though blogging is a bit old hat now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Writing a blog, where to host etc – how does it work then?’ is closed to new replies.