Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wrist pain
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Particularly on long tedious climbs (which are especially long and tedious for me). Often end up riding with the heel of my hands on the end of the grip facing out to the side to ease it. The only thing I can think of is to fit a pair of those incredibly attractive Cane Creek thingies. Anything else to look at first?

*awaits masturbation themed wisecracks

plus-one

Most likely sympathy pains for froome 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah didn’t think of that!

Daffy

What stem/bars combo are you using?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Easton EA30 bar
    Bontrager stem

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Do you use a loose grip?

Daffy

Length and girth width?

Sounds like the overall combo is stretching you out a little and you’re attempting to hang onto the bars causing strain on your wrists. When you rest on the sides, you’re not trying to cling on, you’re just maintaining control rather than wrestling up the hill.

Do your wrists hurt in a similar fashion when doing a wide-armed pull-up?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Do you use a loose grip?

As much as I can

Length and girth width?

90mm and 685mm

thegreatape
    Free Member

When you rest on the sides, you’re not trying to cling on, you’re just maintaining control rather than wrestling up the hill.

Very much so – just to give the wrists a rest.

Identical pain from pull ups, of any type, and always has been the case.

Daffy

It sounds like you’ve got slack/weak tendons in your wrists (I’m not a medical expert) which is something I have experience with. I cured (mostly) mine with strengthening exercises such as Kung Foo wrist exercises and use of a Powerball.

Worth a shot?

Daffy

Alternatively, you could try a shorter stem, thereby transferring your weight backwards and making you less likely to lunge forward and cling on?

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s probably my wrists rather than the position. It bends sufficiently that I can touch my thumb to my forearm, which from what I’ve read in the last half hour may be an indication of hyper mobility?

deano8
    Free Member

Chunkier grips worked for me:)

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve already got Spec Enduro grips on it, which I think are one of the bigger ones anyway

shaunrider
    Free Member

Just maybe, At the base of your hand on the side of your littlest finger you have a nerve, the name escapes me, it can cause that, some gloves place extra padding there. Perhaps squeeze a stress ball to strengthen your wrist as it does sound like hyper mob. Of course it could be positioning as above.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wrist pain’ is closed to new replies.