Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wrexham LL11 area – where is nice?
  • teenrat

I’ve got a new job in Buckley and am trying to figure out where to buy. We want access to a railway station for easy access to Wrexham and Chester for commuting and nights out. Easy access to countryside, ideally without having to drive. A good local and cheap house prices. We have identified the area to the North West of Wrexham (LL11) as meeting the criteria. What are the villages like such as New Broughton, Brymbo, Llay, Hope and Summerhill? It looks like you get alot of house for the money. I see the LL11 postcode was within the top ten most desirable in Wales!

project
    Free Member

Brymbo, was the site of a very historic steelworks closed down and 2000 people made redundant overnight, now mostly demolished except for a few of ther older buildings now to be converted in a heritage centre,
    lots of very nice affordable homes with fantastic views being built up there, its a long climb from Wrexham, but near enough to Gwersylt and Wrexham stations to get to Cchester/Liverpool/Shrewsbury.

LLandeglas a few miles away as is good road and mtb riding locally.Morrisons down the on at Ruthin road,

new police HQ being built in LLAY, Summerhill/Hope not bad on the flat,

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Hope is ok but i wouldn’t live in any of the other areas you mentioned. Prices are cheap for a reason. As for access to the countryside it’s all countryside around here. Ewloe and Hawarden are nice if you must have train access but mold and surrounding areas better and short taxi ride from wrexham for a night out.

project
    Free Member

Buckley also has a station but out of town ,local trains hourly to liverpool and wrexham, Buckley isnt bad, a few small shops and nice houses cheap.

mattbee

Does the Buckley Tiv still exist? Had a boozy night or two in there in the mid/late ’90s. Had a bouncer who looked a bit like the Great Suprendo…
    Sorry, not got anything else to add to this thread.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I live in Brymbo…..the nicer bit.Llay…notsomuch.
    Hope is nice.Penyffordd nicer still.
    Nights out in Wrexham…..ok then!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Ha ha Tiv is still there but a shell of it’s 90s self. Some proper good messy times had in there

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The Tiv is still as bad….sticky carpets and a 3rd world loo.
    Mold is ok, just up the road from Buckley. Also try New Brighton, Hope, Caergwle.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

(Abandon)Hope?- Seriously?- Its a scary shithole

Higher Kinnerton and Hawarden better but more expensive as they’re nicer and nearer Chester

Northop, Northop Hall, Llay, Gresford, Rossett and Marford all worth considering.

Me I live in Chester but if you can’t afford Chester then Mold and the villages surrounding like Cilcain and Pantymwyn are good with the benefit of having the Clwydians on your doorstep.

project
    Free Member

Northop, Northop Hall, Llay, Gresford, Rossett and Marford all worth considering.

Me I live in Chester but if you can’t afford Chester then Mold and the villages surrounding like Cilcain and Pantymwyn are good with the benefit of having the Clwydians on your doorstep.

and non now have a railway station or trains

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If the OP is having affordability problems, they’ll well out of their depth in Marford. 😀
    There’s plenty of cheap property in Chester too.
    Personally I’d be looking towards Llandegla, but I have no need for the train. There’s an excellent bus service between Wrexham and Chester, so that would put Gresford on the map. I’d avoid Llay, Brymbo seems to have cleaned its act up a bit and doesn’t look too bad on the Minera Road side. If you’re looking at Hope, have a look at Higher Kinnerton.
    I don’t know anything about Summerhill, there might be a reason why people don’t visit the place.

schnor
    Free Member

How about Ruabon? It’s got a train station, a few pubs / a chinese / indian nearby / tesco down the road / etc, maybe more nice bits than not, but nice countryside. It’s a bit further west than Brymbo / Minera / etc, but maybe worth a look?

Crap connecting buses though so I wouldn’t bother looking further than Penycae / Trevor (I’m between the two) / Rhostyllen / etc

teenrat

Thanks for all the advice. Heading up there on Monday for a mosey round. Viewing a couple of houses in Brymbo, Brynteg and having a look at Coedpoeth. Then we’ll know whether the LL11 postcode will give us what we want.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Brynteg is like the wild west! The kids up there are feral Brymbo and Coedy are a bit ‘tribal’ but that is true of lots of small welsh villages. Mold area for the win and use bus instead of train.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Kinnerton or Mold would be my choice. Hawarden is nicer too.
    I’m in Chester it’s not too bad to get to Buckley if you live on the outskirts but you will get less house for your money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wrexham LL11 area – where is nice?’ is closed to new replies.