• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by core.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wrc thread.
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

any wrc fans? did a search nothing came up. currently past half way in this years series. all to play for yet. meeke not having a great year, and ogier not dominating like previous years.

the-muffin-man

We tried to start a thread – but it sort of fizzled out!…

I had good intentions of watching WRC but then the F1 season started. 😀

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wrc-2017-contains-massive-spoilers

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s been a good one. It’d be nice not see Ogier win overall for a change, and I do like the new cars. The Toyotas just looked mad. I like all the new Finns, too.

I really hope Thierry can hang on in there and take the win but I’m not sure he’ll be able to do it.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Go Nueville. Ott Tank is another spectacular driver to watch. Rally Finland we’ll worth a watch on Redbull TV. Germany this weekend with the tank buster stones’ stage today, so expect some crashes. Who’s going to watch Rally GB? Planning to ride into one of the stages on the bike this year.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was really pleased for Tanak when he won, he’s a great driver and the fact that now there’s seven (eight if you count Evans) drivers who have won, or could fight for a win, makes it pretty exciting.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Plus the cars are much quicker this year. It’s got a bad rep for getting dull in the 90s with fewer manufacturers and Loeb dominating but I think it’s back on form.

rmacattack
    Free Member

i enjoy it. i was out of the loop for years but i get great coverage on bt so started watching again last year. if you enjoy motorsport i don’t see how you couldn’t enjoy the skills and thrills of wrc.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Rally Cataluña comes close to where we live on the friday gravel stages and sunday tarmac. It attracts thousands of spectators, looking forward to getting out in early October.

core

I’ve not been an Ogier fan traditionally, and it had all got a bit boring with him winning everything in the VW. But, I want him to win this year, would be a huge boost for the M Sport squad, British motorsport in general, and really would be a bit of a fairytale given how VW abruptly departed and Ogier was left scrabbling for a drive last autumn. M Sport also have a lot less budget and manufacturer backing than all the other teams, together with several years without much silverware.

Lappi, Evans, Tanak, Neuville are the ones to watch for the next few years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wrc thread.’ is closed to new replies.