Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wowcher/Groupon
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

So… My girlfriend and I are looking at going away on a city break the end of September/start of October time for a few nights to celebrate her birthday. Looking on groupon and Wowcher have been wondering if anyone has any experience of this ‘deals’, as they seem to good to be true… Not too fussed where we go, as long as we get away!!
    Cheers!!!

nealglover
    Free Member

We’ve done a few Groupon deals and all have been ok.

Some have been fantastic, just do the usual and look on Trip Advisor for reviews before you book.

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Have you ever been caught out with extra charges? Seem to read that people end up with extra charges and would have worked out cheaper to have booked with a travel company.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

No. Nothing that wasn’t detailed in the offer. Like a premium for Saturday nights etc.

Generally don’t read the deal details, and then complain about “extra” charges.

I used to occasionally sell via Groupon too, and this happens all the time.

40mpg

My wife has booked spa days a couple of times through groupon, with dates offered over a period ie a month. Paid the money, then found the spa was fully booked through the promotion. Then obviously a battle to get a refund. One place did extend the offer so they could go, just a month later than planned!

So just check the offer is available before splashing cash!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wowcher/Groupon’ is closed to new replies.