• This topic has 44 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Wow – Wings are atrocious.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Just watching a TOTP on bbc 4 from 1978 and its got Macca’s band Wings on.
    Bloddy hell they were awful.

djglover
    Free Member

Just the band the Beatles could have been..

Mooly
    Free Member

It makes you realise how important Lennon was.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s I wondering what was actually good on TOTP in 1978…

legend
    Free Member

Wings or Wing?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBWvmhS-AY[/video]

Mooly
    Free Member

Nothing apparently. Not in the episode just on anyway.

spudly1979
    Free Member

It makes you realise how important Lennon was.

No, the Beatles were bloody awful too!

zippykona

Not the argumentative type but wings are more to my musical taste than john lennons solo stuff.

MSP

No, the Beatles were bloody awful too!

To be fair, they improved considerably when they were off their tits on drugs.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Beatles in ‘greater than the sum of the parts’ shocker 😉

DezB
    Free Member

To dismiss the whole of the Beatles output shows a cluelessness about music beyond words.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To dismiss the whole of the Beatles output shows an opinion I disagree with. cluelessness about music beyond words.

FTFY.

samuri
    Free Member

To be fair, most bands improved considerably when they were off their tits on drugs.

Fixed that for you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I caught Genesis’s “follow you, follow me” on TotP’s, thought that the best track they ever did.

DezB
    Free Member

What else can I type but my own opinion?

Junkyard
    Free Member

To dismiss the whole of the Beatles output shows an opinion I disagree with. cluelessness about music beyond words.
    FTFY.

I dont like the beatles

FTFY

crikey
    Free Member

I don’t like the Beatles either, can I join in?

Klunk
    Free Member

To be fair, they improved considerably when they were you are off their your tits on drugs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

crikey – Member
    I don’t like the Beatles either, can I join in?

No, because you are clueless beyond words. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Hate to break it to you, but The Beatles don’t actually exist anymore.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry O’Flashearty but DezB is right. I’m no big fan of the Beatles but just because you can’t see through the frazzled fringe of that hair metal shit you listen to, you cannot simply dismiss everything they did. I know it’s all kinda cool post modern revisionism for some but it’s a bit silly.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Something I’m truly thankful for! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DD, I wasn’t putting my opinion out there, nor was I dismissing things, merely stating that DezB was rather harsh in his “I’m right and everyone else is clueless” opinion! 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I caught Genesis’s “follow you, follow me” on TotP’s, thought that the best track they ever did.

Not hard that, is it.

DezB
    Free Member

merely stating that DezB was rather harsh in his “I’m right and everyone else is clueless” opinion!

And, of course, you’re entitled to your opinion. Even if it’s wrong 😉

Anyway, enough of this i’m watching Sons of Anarchy and it needs my full attention.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve read enough of your posts over the years on The Beatles flashy. I know just how you feel about them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t flounce now DezzieBee!!

spudly1979
    Free Member

Wasn’t meant to cause offence, I just really don’t like any of their music! Living in Liverpool and having their brilliance rammed down your throat constantly didn’t help.

I suspect you’d all be in creases at the state of my ‘eclectic’ music collection, but each to their own!

iain1775
    Free Member

Beatl-who?
    Sorry never ‘eard of them

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To dismiss the whole of the Beatles output shows a cluelessness about music beyond words.

More than that. The Beatles influence went far beyond just music. I doubt whether many of those who dismiss the Beatles are aware of how Monty Python was influenced by them, for example.

I was never a Beatles fan btw.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sppnIijmjY[/video]

TOTP 78 you say….

john_drummer
    Free Member

I wasn’t dismissing The Beatles, I have to admit I like some of their work (and some of it I dislike too – I mean, Obla dee Obla da? didn’t know they were from Sheffield 😉 )

what I was saying is, collectively, the music they produced was better than almost anything any of the individual members ever managed afterwards. Ok there’s Woman, Jealous Guy, Band On The Run, Live & Let Die, etc, but against that you’ve got Mull Of Kintyre & the freaking Frog Chorus 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

I doubt whether many of those who dismiss the Beatles are aware of how Monty Python was influenced by them, for example.

not to mention how many of the people posting in here a tad younger than yourself (sorry ernie…) who were conceived as a result of that awful four piece ensemble! They should be bloody grateful!

grum
    Free Member

I quite like Band on the Run and Live and Let Die.

joeegg
    Free Member

I’m not a Beatles fan and as a surprise my wife booked a hotel for a Beatles weekend in Liverpool.How i looked forward to it.It was more tacky than i thought it would be,with shops selling Beatles tat and cheesy bus trips to look at a road name plate or drab houses.

davosaurusrex

“The Beatles are dying in the wrong order”. Ain’t that the truth.

ononeorange

Realise it’s all subjective etc etc but I do agree with the original post that Wings was utterly dire. Surely there’s no-one that can put up with its utter cheesy awfulness?

Band on the run anyone?

Rachel

mogrim

“The Beatles are dying in the wrong order”. Ain’t that the truth.

Dunno, can’t stand Lennon’s solo stuff, god awful whiny crap. As previously stated: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s not Wings, but I love this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2YyVZBL8U[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

And, obviously, who could forget this absolute classic:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RItLuDPY8[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Wow – Wings are atrocious.’ is closed to new replies.