Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Wow… Just Wow!!!
  • jonnyboi

This is just a Youtube vid designed to send traffic to the wiki.ezvid.com subdomain, which in turn sends traffic to Amazon/3rd party retailer and collects commission on sales – essentially just poor quality affiliate content put together by a (probably) non cyclist.

so. can we blame the OP for incentivising them to make more awesome historical bizarre tyre related videos?

philjunior
    Free Member

I’d still use Fire XCs reasonably happily. I’ve used Fire FR’s recently, and they were a pretty decent all round tyre.

Obviously a rubbish vid if they were 7th best though.

hols2
    Free Member

so. can we blame the OP for incentivising them to make more awesome historical bizarre tyre related videos?

I’m hoping they make one on dropper posts.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Did the mega on ignitors in 2010, no issues

stever
    Free Member

Still failing to wear out a pair of Factory XCs on my singlespeed. They may well outlive me given the asymptote mileage curve.

mboy
    Free Member

Still failing to wear out a pair of Factory XCs on my singlespeed.

The problem is that they’ve not only age hardened, but work hardened too now. They are therefore harder than granite, so no surface they touch is going to wear them! You have achieved the unachievable, the ever-lasting tyre!

Did the mega on ignitors in 2010, no issues

You mention nothing of your placing or the level of enjoyment you had though… Far be it for me to suggest that you choice of rubber was neither optimal in terms of enjoyment, nor was it enabling you to do your best, of course I would never do such a thing… 🙄

I’m hoping they make one on dropper posts.

Give them another 15 years first, they’ve only been a mainstream product for 5 years or so now!

I’d still use Fire XCs reasonably happily. I’ve used Fire FR’s recently, and they were a pretty decent all round tyre.

It’s fairly safe to assume what you look for in a tyre is probably quite different to what myself and the majority of this forum look for… Just a hunch but there we go!

I hope they do! Kept me chuckling for at least 5 minutes last night… Most inane tripe I’ve watched in ages, like a car crash, I couldn’t avert my gaze no matter how hard I tried!

I’ve put an Ignitor on the back of my son’s GT Zaskar. I do actually love him so I might swap it for an old High Roller or Smorgasbord.

I’d say the Ignitor was an upgrade from a Smorgasbord to be fair, and I don’t think I’m being unkind!

I am just about to build up a cove handjob (frame from ebay the other day) with ignitors and tubes on, and BB7 brakes, although it will be 11 speed…

Feeling guilty now – maybe I’ll put the rubber queens on it…

So you should be feeling guilty… 11spd?!?! 😮

Sack that nonsense off, get some tried and tested 3×9 back on there ASAP you heathen…

no mention of Conti Vert Pros

Cos Conti Vert Pro’s only came around circa 2001/2… This video, albeit made this year would you believe, seems to have done all of its research from the early to mid 90’s, seemingly stopping around 1997! 😯

It’s brilliant. Absolutely random features for 20 year old tyres. “If you’re travelling you can take it off and fold it up to store in a box”.

This eas the “piece de resistance” for me too… 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

You mention nothing of your placing or the level of enjoyment you had though… Far be it for me to suggest that you choice of rubber was neither optimal in terms of enjoyment, nor was it enabling you to do your best, of course I would never do such a thing…

thoroughly loved every second of it, id barely ridden a bike in years as well, wasn’t troubling Jerome Clementz for top spot on the podium, but would a different choice of tyres bumped me a 100 places up the results? nah, people get too hung up about tyres imho

you do know some people do it on hardtails and fat bikes you know, they must hate it! how sub optimal!

HughStew

Wot? No mention of Panaracer Smoke & Dart. These fools know nothing.

racefaceec90

but then I’m still on 26″ with inner tubes

same here

smoke and dart tyres are where it’s at though 😀

jimdubleyou

Superb for powering over duvets!

We don’t do duvets!

racefaceec90

what about if you have to ride over wet dogs though (what tyres for that 😕

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Wow… Just Wow!!!’ is closed to new replies.