Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Wow. If I was after a new bike (YT Industries)
  • hora
    Free Member

Their Wicked 650 is now 1999 euros. Makes Orange look overpriced?!!!

scotroutes

To be fair, any other bike you care to mention makes Orange look overpriced.

emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Fabulous bike 🙂

sharkattack

Very tempted by these but a new bike is quite far down my list. I did get a brief ride on one in the Alps and it felt amazing. A lot like my Specialized but without the flaws ie flexy forks and musical bottom bracket.

I have a Tues and I love it. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another YT

beefheart
    Free Member

I wish I’d bought one of these instead of the Sunn that I bought, which ultimately broke…

ryderredman
    Free Member

beefheart – Member
    I wish I’d bought one of these instead of the Sunn that I bought, which ultimately broke…

My mate had a Sunn Radical, when I asked him how it was he said “It radically broke”

sharkattack – Member
    I have a Tues and I love it. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another YT

Big +1 for the Tues, first full suss. I couldnt believe what I had been missing out on…

cynic-al
    Free Member

They are clearly the best bikes ever made

supercarp

Orange aren’t over priced handmade frames not something you get with YT

boxxer7
    Free Member

Is it me or are they always out of stock though? A friend was looking at one but didn’t want to wait until march I think it was!

hora
    Free Member

Supercarp chomp’ Eh? Its a bike frame not a Morgan wooden-framed car. Get over the faded early 00’s marketing. 😉

If I had the money I’d buy one of these

thepodge
    Free Member

supercarp – Orange aren’t over priced handmade frames not something you get with YT

I think you’ll find it difficult to find any robot made frames

BadlyWiredDog

Wow, 650B sales must be taking off so vigorously that they’ve had to slash the price to slow things down 😕

Northwind

supercarp – Member

Orange aren’t over priced handmade frames not something you get with YT

The YT is almost certainly handmade, only a tiny proportion of bikes are machine built

ads678

Supercarp chomp’ Eh? Its a bike frame not a Morgan wooden-framed car. Get over the faded early 00’s marketing.

If I had the money I’d buy one of these.

What you riding at the moment hora? 😉

hora
    Free Member

A secondhand cheap Patriot frame.If I had new bike money the world be my oyster.

sharkattack

I don’t care who or what builds my bike or what country it comes from I just want it to be a good bike.

On a personal note, my professional opinion as a lifelong gnarbar is that Oranges are dump. Having had access to my LBS’s fleet of test bikes I would happily never ride one ever again.

timc
    Free Member

Where can you test ride a YT industries bike? Just because it offers great vfm, doesn’t mean its a great bike to ride, or should I say a bike you will find great to ride!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Read above comments. Anyone with a yt raves about how it rides.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I rave about mine, spec is awesome. I took the plunge and went for the VFM route, came up trumps because I love riding it. However I have nothing to compare it to as its the first FS. Also with sizing it didnt matter, its for DH and I took the biggest one they had because of my gangley legs!

timc
    Free Member

glasgowdan – Member
    Read above comments. Anyone with a yt raves about how it rides.

Aye but they would & that still doesn’t mean its right for you & I… chance you take I guess.

Northwind

OTOH how often do you get to have a meaningful testride anyway? Most are too short, or somewhere you can’t properly try it out, or otherwise hampered, and often they’re just not available even for a non-mailorder brand. Not the end of the world I reckon.

Also, the YTs are such ridiculous value, if you don’t like the frame you can almost throw it in the bin and use it as a parts donor.

grum
    Free Member

A load of money off on some of the Tues DH bikes as well. Tempting but I don’t reckon it would get enough use.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’m buying a tues come new year.

hora
    Free Member

I see what timc means. However no one says ‘great bike but its got a really high BB’ or ‘great bike overall but shock just doesn’t feel right’

Loved Steve Jones review of the Wicked and the Rotweld in the same mag. Wicked is a great bike but the Rotweld) is a better bike overall. (2.3k euros versus a 5.5k euros bike). 😆 for double the price I’d want to see that insight. Still you could just read what he’d written.

timc
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    OTOH how often do you get to have a meaningful testride anyway? Most are too short, or somewhere you can’t properly try it out, or otherwise hampered, and often they’re just not available even for a non-mailorder brand. Not the end of the world I reckon.

Depends really, when i bought my first FS Bike in 2008, my lbs got me x8 FS demos, I had most of them for a week, & all for at least a weekend.

Also, the YTs are such ridiculous value, if you don’t like the frame you can almost throw it in the bin and use it as a parts donor.

Diminish the Value somewhat doing that though doesn’t it?

hora
    Free Member

Weird how in this country we can see mostly non-Yank or Brit bike frames as not as good huh.

timc
    Free Member

Where does it say that? 😆

twelveski
    Free Member

Bought mine when it was €2,400 and still very happy with the value for money. All the parts on it are adequately strong and functional and the frame and forks ride as well as anything I have had before. Used to love my Enduro, but this is much more of an all rounder.
    Rode it for a week on the Trans-Savoie and I could not of asked for a better suited bike.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

The Canyon Spectral seems to compare favorably on price.

Del

as does the titus el guapo from on-one.
    are we seeing any similarities between these companies that differ from, say, orange, or specialized, or anyothermainstreambrandyoucaretomentionthatsellsthroughdealerships? 😉

STATO
    Free Member

Wicked 650B is only available in Small, at the moment. When are they likely to have more stock (if at all?). Tho the thing that concerned me with this bike is the top tube seems quite short on the Large model, concerned it might be a bit cramped?

Canyon Spectral looks interesting but shorter travel and 26″ wheels not 650B. Their Nerve comes in 650B but again shorter travel and much steeper angles.

hora
    Free Member

STATO there was stock this week- looks like the price drop has moved alot of their stock this week.

STATO
    Free Member

I looked late last week and on Monday and they only had Med and Small’s. Still concerned by the short TT tho, so will wait until ive ridden something similar before buying. Tried an ElGuap before in Large that felt a bit short, and those are 15mm longer just looking at basic TT lengths (need to find proper reach/stack figures for the ElGuap).

hora
    Free Member

There you go then

chestrockwell

On a personal note, my professional opinion as a lifelong gnarbar is that Oranges are dump. Having had access to my LBS’s fleet of test bikes I would happily never ride one ever again.

Well done you, thanks for sharing.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Sold out of all sizes except small.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I looked late last week and on Monday and they only had Med and Small’s.

They had medium(s) when this thread was started.

Go on then, who here bought one?

maico
    Free Member

STATO – Member

Canyon Spectral looks interesting but shorter travel and 26″ wheels not 650B. Their Nerve comes in 650B but again shorter travel and much steeper angles.

The Spectral is 650b and 29er

hora
    Free Member

Dirt just said the Tues is the best DH bike out there so I doubt the YT designed frame(s) are ‘throw away’ like the sort of stuff you got in CRC direct 😀

I think they really know their onions..

sharkattack

Dirt just said the Tues is the best DH bike out there

That’s what I’ve been saying since April!

Much to the annoyance of my mates who have spent the best part of 6 grand on carbon ‘super bikes’. These same mates refer to Dirt as “the bible” and Steve Jones is their prophet so I can’t wait to see how they digest this review. I like the comment about riders with plastic bikes, baldy tyres and scratched goggles. He could be addressing my local crew directly.

I had a Trek Session 9.9 last year and I immediately knew I’d made a mistake. No such regrets with the YT.

Bog standard here but this is the bike in question;

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Wow. If I was after a new bike (YT Industries)’ is closed to new replies.