Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Wow – classifieds inflation??!
  • tonyd

I haven’t sold much through the classifieds, but when I have I’ve struggled to price things correctly. Generally I’ll put them up for what I believe to be fair value but I both expect and welcome offers as I realise that what something is worth to me may not be in line with ‘the market’. If the offer seems fair then I sell, if I don’t, I don’t.

As a buyer I have a good idea what I’m looking for and what price I want to pay. If I think I’m getting value I buy, if I don’t, I don’t.

If somebody is looking for some kit and they’ve managed to find the classifieds here I’d say it’s a safe bet that they’ll have a good idea of what they are looking for and will have done some research.

I don’t think hijacking a thread where someone (most) are genuinely selling kit at what they perceive to be a reasonable price is useful to anyone. Inquire or make an offer, otherwise move on. Personally I’d have to question the motives of someone who wants to police a public forum, telling people what they should or shouldn’t be buying/selling something for. If you want to force your opinions on somebody join the Jehovah’s Witnesses and do it door to door 😉

As for Ebay, I put some kit on there recently and it sold for a lot less than I was asking/expecting on the classifieds here – I found the true market price.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Charly, I don’t think I’m alone in thinking your intentions are sound, but just re-read some of your posts. Your analogies – and I’m paraphrasing – state “depends on the circumstances”, “if it was a mate” and so on. Can you not see how this makes it impossible to police? Many of the readers may not be “mates” or even part of this “community” to which you refer.

If you’re concerned someone is getting ripped off contact them directly. Let’s not spoil the classifieds with impossible guidelines.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I don’t post “that is too expensive” as its none of my business.

hora
    Free Member

Agree but if I’m interested in the item and its obviously overpriced why not if your a potential buyer?

Plus for some people- if someone is posting an overpriced item non-stop it bumps down some sellers items.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The classifieds on here really suck.

Go to AV Forums to see how classifieds should work.

hora – Member

OT- what happened to that bloke who sent £900 for a camera?

Yeah he got the money back. Turned out the scammer had his money all along and he eventually sent him a cheque for a refund – which cleared.
    Passed on to the cops.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Wow – classifieds inflation??!’ is closed to new replies.