Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Would you/do you live somewhere with rubbish riding?
  • I think big hills are very overrated on this forum.

Not sure if serious or not 😕

ahwiles
    Free Member

i think hills are over-rated, and i live in sheffield.

my favourite trails around here aren’t descents or climbs, but gently rolling techy + swoopy + pedally + twisty.

jam-bo

Big hills doesn’t necessarily equal good riding.

scotroutes

Said with all the conviction of a vegetarian denying they love the smell of bacon..

jam-bo

Size isn’t everything you know…

scotroutes

Said with all the conviction of….

… I’ll let you fill in the rest 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

I lived in London for a while. Time spent getting out of town on a motorbike was frustrating enough.

Playing in traffic on a motorbike in London is more fun than any mountainbike. It’s like a video game in fast forward.

akaskittles
    Free Member

I actually live in a decent MTB area, Swinley forest, chicksands, aston hill, tunnel hill, woburn all within a 40mile drive 😀 and my local trails are pretty beast aswell.

Though, saying that. I’d still rather live somewhere with alot more hills. I.e peak district or close to one of the major bike parks in wales.

But then again, you either have the option to move to a place that has the best darn biking in the UK and kick back and enjoy your NEW DSL internet connection. Or you live in a area that has great biking spots within 20-40 miles! This is one of the hardest things to decide on!

athgray
    Free Member

I reckon I could. Have always felt lucky to have access to fairly wild areas on either the bike or on foot. If I lived somewhere where mountain biking or mountaineering were poor, I could see myself doing more kayaking or taking up kite surfing or something similar.

heckler73
    Free Member

rubbish riding, nope, im 40 mins from aviemore, hour from golspie, hour n bit from nice west coast routes, 5 mins from beach for kayaking,road rides in any direction, biggest reason I stay here, did Southampton, brighton and hastings years ago, had to leave , I missed the trees trails and greenery too much halved my earnings and lost promotion opportunities but id rather the lifestyle than the bank balance, best thing I did was go south , realised grass no greener but no regrets comin back to Scotland…………

grum
    Free Member

Just moved to Hebden Bridge – having quality riding available from the door was definitely a fairly big plus point. It’s great to be able to nip out from the house for half an hour and get in a couple of fun techy descents. I know it’s sacrilege but I also enjoy walking a lot round here as well.

Used to live in Lancaster which was good for driving proximity to the Lakes/Dales but no decent riding locally. Don’t think I’d want to live somewhere that had no decent riding from the door or even a short car journey away. London? Pfffft…..

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Just moved to Hebden Bridge

Welcome dude!

grum
    Free Member

Thanks! Really enjoying it here. 🙂

Might see you out and about – I ride a brown Pitch with 36 Vans.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I ride a brown Pitch with 36 Vans.

I have no idea what you’ve just said 🙂

White Orange 5 here and a silver roadie helmet

grum
    Free Member

Specialized Pitch with the stock forks replaced with beefy Fox 36 forks.

At some point I will have to get the obligatory Calderdale Orange 5 though. 🙂

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Have you been into Blazing Saddles? Good lads.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

bob_summer… there is pretty much nothing on the doorstep in Ulverston. A few cheeky bits and bobs, but even that is limited in my view. A 10-15 minute drive opens up a lot more cracking stuff, but that adds to the hassle factor (I am lacking in time and fitness to spend the hour+ riding out to a trail and the same back!)

I was spoiled in Stirling with some absolutely superb riding on the doorstep. Hopefully we will get to move somewhere better in the next few years, but getting closer into the Lakes costs way more than I can see us finding short of inheritance/lottery wins/providing deviant favours for money…..

sodadr
    Free Member

Edited as I felt bad for boasting.

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Would you/do you live somewhere with rubbish riding?’ is closed to new replies.