Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Would you use one?
  • SaxonRider

This pedal-powered washing machine doesn’t look like a bad idea.

jekkyl

great idea, my first thought is it would be great for those who live off grid but the price would probably make it less attractive. I can’t see it taking it off tbh, I bet the price is upwards of a k.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Just need a volunteer and a bull whip

(Ok, i already have the bull whip….just need the volunteer)

legend
    Free Member

1,200 rpm spin sessions are going to be hurty 😯

fadda

Ooh, mrsfry, you tease!

JAG

mrsfry – did you recently meet rossendalelemming for drinks? 😯 😀

fasthaggis

Damn,I thought it was going to be about a..

squirrelking
    Free Member

Whats the pedal offset on that?? Looks quite wide, can’t imagine it’s the most efficient configuration ever.

Student project anyway, probably got a nice pass for a few PDE’s but unlikely to see the light of day, there’s far too many things working against it (not least you could just have the bike as a remote generator without needing to integrate an entire washing machine into it, double bonus is it could then power whatever you want).

nealglover
    Free Member

… I can’t see it taking off tbh…

Maybe try it on a treadmill ?

P-Jay
    Free Member

If I had more money and space I’d have one as a second and I’d probably use it quite a bit, but…… With a Baby in the house ours runs at least once every single day. The last thing I’d want is coming home cold, wet and hungry after a couple of hours of riding hill and dale would be to be informed I need to put 2 hours in on washing machine.

molgrips
    Free Member

Doing it the old fashioned (ie Victorian) way is probably a better core workout…

falkirk-mark

Think if you got one of them you would not be long in getting a new hobby.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Would you use one?’ is closed to new replies.