Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Would you use an indoor centre?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4loUij2VJs8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Be good to take my kids there for a mess but not sure I would use one much (unless it was free and next door to me)

grum
    Free Member

If it had a good range of well built jumps I reckon I’d use it every now and then as a place to practice/learn.

booktownman
    Free Member

Like you say, maybe for a blast with the kids if it was on the doorstep, but I’m unlikely to ever be good enough at jumping to warrant going somewhere like that. Plus, they’re called mountain bikes for a reason – rain or shine I’d rather be on the hill!

darrenspink
    Free Member

These things seem to be popular in the States but maybe they are located in the middle of a large city? Trying to bring the thrills of Northern hills indoors is going to be damn hard.

chiefgrooveguru

I think the ones in the USA are where the outdoors is under a deep layer of snow for many months each year!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

BMX track with steroids?
    I think a big enough site could do ok as a business. Indoor climbing is pretty popular. I see similarities.
    Would I go? yeah I’d take my daughter there. the convenience. the ease of use.
    would it replace mountains, nope.

HansRey

absolutely. Over here in Finland where it’s snowy for 6months, an indoor bike park would make perfect sense. There are too many sites over here without a roof, meaning that they’re closed for the majority of the year (and thus not earning money).

Consider indoor climbing/ bouldering centres. In Sheffield, there’s loads of great outdoor climbing to be found and yet, there are maybe half a dozen indoor centres. The indoor places are busy and visited by beginners and experts alike. It could be similar for bikes if indoor bike parks are developed…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d use it. Got to be better than riding in the rain!

Downside is that it’ll be full of youths who are pretty handy on jump bikes so it’d just end up being embarrassing!

st

Yes, not too local to me and I’m not all that handy when it comes to getting a bike in the air but with having kids who are now at an age where skaetparks and the like are becoming an option this seems like a great way to get them engaged in a good environment.

I’d see it as an option for most as opposed to the sole riding destination. Along the same lines as finding a spot in the woods in the Summer holidays and staying there all afternoon as a kid.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’d go at least once.

I’m definitely a wheels-on-the-ground XC’er, but I’m sure it would be a fun experience.

gazc
    Free Member

i’d be up for giving them a go, especially in winter. theres a new indoor dirt jump/skatepark in sunderland i’ll probably head over to soon. dirt jumps look a little too full on for me, but it would be nice to ride dry dirt when everything outside is soaked. would be good if there were some more lines to suit a middle aged man on a full susser (mamoafs?)

oh and i’d be happy to pay for it. i don’t expect people to put hard graft into providing a facility/service for nothing…

seadog101

I’d fancy a go, mainly so I could learn to jump properly. When I :roll:inevitably hurt myself there’s someone there to clean my wounds.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Looks good that gazc, agree about practicing jumps etc…I would expect lots of rising wooooooooooooooo’s from the kids as I hurtle towards a cracked collarbone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Would you use an indoor centre?’ is closed to new replies.