Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Would you take a 7 yr old to a premiership football match?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

The lad wants to go to a football match!

My lad “wants” to go to mars and be able to play chopsticks.

Its an important part of growing up to not get what you want, but also be encouraged in your dreams. So Ive burnt the piano and put a call out to Richard Branson. And if he ever wants to go to a footie match he’ll have to take himself.

freddyg
    Free Member

Its an important part of growing up to not get what you want,

Jeez. Lighten up. You do realise that it’s okay to be nice to children occasionally? To make them happy?

My Son wants many things too. Some he gets, most he doesn’t. However, if it was within my power to provide him with an experience he really, really wants; something he was passionate about, then I would do what I could to let him do it.

binners

Surely taking a 7 year old to watch the rugby when what they actually want to do is watch a premiership footy match would warrant a call to social services? Or…..?

madweedavey
    Free Member

Could always take them to watch Celtic if the standard of football isnt important.

smell_it
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go and watch a game of rugby union because it’s shit, so why would I inflict that on a child?

Stoner
    Free Member

Lighten up.

Hmmm mm…

franksinatra

So I’m back!

We have been fortunate to go to quite a few autumn tests at Murrayfield as a colleague of my wife has a Scotland Season pass that he rarely uses. we live in the Borders where rugby is a big deal, he plays every Sunday and we watch most home games (BT premiership Scottish club rugby.

Technically our local club is Hearts or Hibs but I draw a line at that. I’ve been to matches at both and it was desperate

General consensus seems to be to go for our but use family enclosure and don’t expect to be able to get tickets for OT, Newcastle being a more realistic option.

Thanks

Cougar

Do that, then take him here.

http://www.newcastlecoyotes.com/

theotherjonv

Newcastle also have the best basketball side in the country, so go for a grand slam of sport.

Home

rocketman
    Free Member

My first football match was Wolves vs Southampton, aged about 7 IIRC

The overhwelming feeling of joy when it was over was quickly repleaced with the darkest despair when I realised it was only half time

lunge

Family enclosure, a 1st team game, ideally against a weaker team with a big away following. Go early, wander round the ground, go to the gift shop (sorry!), have a pie. Get seats as close to the pitch as you can, pay more if you need to. St James’s is an awesome place for a first game as it’s always packed and the atmosphere in my experience is awesome.

I went to my first proper game (been watching my dad play non-league since i was born) at a similar age, Villa – West Ham, stood in the Holt End. I remember very little of the game but the smells, the noise, the excitement stay with me, it was magnificent. I don’t really follow football anymore but the excitement of that match still occasionally drags me to games.

deker
    Free Member

binners nailed it.

I’m not really into football but my dad is, if he wants to watch a match I’m pretty sure he’d be happy if I took him to see Hartlepool, (my dad loves anything to do with football so watching kids kick a ball round on Sunday would do) BUT, I KNOW he likes Newcastle so I’m happy to give a few hours of my time to see him happy (to phrase another geordie ‘because he’s worth it’).

Now if you want to see you son happy take him to see a game, it’s only a few hours of your time and you never know you might actually enjoy some of it. I’m sure at a later point your son will go and spend a few hours with his dad doing something he doesn’t particularly enjoy but wants to spend time with his dad.

scandal42
    Free Member

Newcastle also have the best basketball side in the country, so go for a grand slam of sport.

http://www.newcastle-eagles.com/

Erm, no they don’t.

Just like Football, the Champions reside in Leicester

hora
    Free Member

Ironically someone gave me tickets (adult/child) for Champions league match at Man City but I didn’t think he’d be OK with a 7.30pm start.

I’ll wait for tickets at Man U

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope you took the advice of a cheap mid week cup game!!
    Newcastle thrashed 10-man Preston in front of almost 50,000 fans at St James’ Park to reach the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
    50,000 and 6-0 in the middle of half term apparently would have been bouncing in there by the end

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Would you take a 7 yr old to a premiership football match?’ is closed to new replies.