Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Would you take a 3 /12 year old to see Star Wars?
  • dannybgoode

As per the thread title really – babybgoode is Star Wars mad. Has seen the real trilogy but like any self-respecting fan I won’t let him see Episodes I-III.

Question is would The Force awakens be too much for him (note its a 12A rating but 12A seems to have all but replaced PG).

Cheers all

kimbers

My 3.5 yr old would enjoy it, there are a few dark bits, but I doubt he’d be too bothered, getting him to sit still and quiet though…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

3 and a half year old?

Erm probably not, it’s not overly scary as long as little ones have got a Dad’s hand to hold onto, but it’s pretty long – longer I’d guess than even the biggest 3 year old Star Wars fan’s attention span.

Drac

No as they’d be fiddling and asking too many questions.

Northwind

Can he sit for 2 and a quarter hours without spoiling it for other paying customers? (that’s not a STW passive aggressive, just a genuine question, most kids that age will struggle with a film this long I think)

As far as suitability goes, tbh it’s no darker/scarier than the first films. A bit wordier. Have you seen it yourself? If not, seems like the perfect excuse to do some research 😉

dougieb
    Free Member

I took my 6 year old and 3.75 year old lads and both loved it. The younger one got a bit fidgety after about 90mins but on the whole he was captivated. Saying that they are both obsessed with star wars so that probably helped.

Cougar

it’s not overly scary

The aliens in the scene with the Falcon early on would give a little ‘un nightmares for weeks I’d have thought?

muenchen1
    Free Member

Took my 8 year old lad. He said some of it was a bit jumpy. One of the trailers for another film shown before Star Wars was a bit on the violent side.

dannybgoode

Well I’m pleased to report that was a success.

Babybgoode declared it really great. Managed to sit through the whole thing. Ok he got a little bit fidgety in the last half hour or so but overall be was fanatically well behaved.

I will be going back to see it on the imax screen…

matt_outandabout

Get a babysitter in.

You and mrs_begoode go and see film.

Of what benefit is taking the 3.5yr old, to the child?

zigzag69
    Free Member

I wouldn’t take anyone to see it, regardless of age… but that’s not the answer you’re looking for *waves hand mysteriously*

franksinatra

This 37.5 year old got bored.

angeldust
    Free Member

Only if I wanted to spoil it for the people sitting near me in the cinema….

DezB
    Free Member

Only if I wanted to piss off everyone in the cinema. Kids that age can’t sit still and quiet watching a film for over 2 hours.

I took my boy to see The Incredibles when he was about 5 or 6 and it was just too loud for him.

shermer75
    Free Member

3 months old?

dannybgoode

He was very good. Did whisper the odd thing and a pretty quiet viewing numbers wise. It’s why I’ve waited so long to see it. Wouldn’t have taken him shortly after release when every showing would have been packed.

As to why take him at all. He loves Star Wars and has been waiting to see it for months…

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Nope, I did the most obvious thing for my kids, I actually went to see it fist and made the decision that it’s Definatley a 12a and not suitable for my star wars crazy 4 year old.

From the bbfc

VIOLENCE:
    There are frequent scenes of moderate violence

Took him to see snoopy instead which was much more age appropriate and had almost no moderate violence, was realy good.

MoreCashThanDash

My lad probably wouldn’t have taken his 46 year old to see it had they known. Minor violence and a fair bit of “threat” but some of the implication of it is fairly unpleasant for a delicate flower like me.

Wasn’t sure about taking the 9 year old to see it. Glad that I didn’t, not her kind of film, but kids, and parenting approaches, will vary.

Harry_the_Spider

Its a long film. My 6 year old daughter sat through it with only one wee break but we did have to explain a lot of the plot to here and she cried at one point that (I’m not going to spoil for you). However, this was a 9:45 am showing and there were only 6 other people in the cinema, so we didn’t bother anyone.

She thought the monsters on the Falcon were hilarious.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s irresponsible to take a 3.5yr to see 12 rated film. I’m not quite sure what it achieves for anyone involved

dannybgoode

@FD – its as 12A – subtle difference. 12A is noone under the age of 12 unless accompanied by an adult.

12 is straight no under 12’s. Would not have taken him if it was a 12.

As it happens he really enjoyed it, wasn’t scared and enjoyed the whole cinema experience.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Would you take a 3 /12 year old to see Star Wars?’ is closed to new replies.