Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Would you still buy…..
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

A new 26 inch bike?I,m wondering about the parts.

DezB
    Free Member

Parts are all still readily available. I wouldn’t because I wouldnt get one better that i already have.

ads678

Yep, as long as it didn’t have 1 1/8th head tube. Although I do have one of those….

jekkyl

probably not, which bike and how much?

nickjb
    Free Member

It would need to be cheap. 2nd hand prices are very low and there’s some good deals on 27.5 frames which will take 26″ kit until you “upgrade”

chestrockwell

Think Orange, along with others are getting back in to the 26″ market so might be worth it.

ton

no.

Alpha1653

False economy to buy new as the second hand prices are ridiculously low. However, second hand definitely – just got a 1 year old Blur TR and it’s amazing. Don’t worry about parts – developments like tapered head tubes and through axles make frames obsolete more than wheels in my opinion.

@chestrockwell: Orange and others back into 26? Have I missed something?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fuji reveal 1 2013 on CRC

senorj

Not for me – Maybe for a child.

kerley
    Free Member

I have no intention of changing my 26 bike as I love it. But if it was stolen I would buy a 27.5. Not because I think it would be any better (how can 1/2 inch radius make it better but that is another discussion) but just because that 27.5 is the size most new tyres and rims are being released in.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yes because the rohloff gearing restrictions are too tough for larger wheels (on a tandem)

Yak

No. The only area for new 26ers now is for kids bikes. This is what orange are doing I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On that bike?
    Downsides – 26″wheels, there will be spares for a long time but it’s going to have no resale.
    Fork – 140mm 32’s are Flexy, really flexy not very confidence inspiring at all.
    Some low end running gear trying to hide behind an X0 Mech
    Stem look slong and it’s got NN’s on it.

Plus side – it’s not at RRP?

So I probably wouldn’t myself, at least having not ridden it etc. if it’s crap you just took a hit on it with low resale value.

With anything it’s not about just the wheels etc. but the whole deal.

buckster
    Free Member

Nope, 27.5 is ideal I reckon. Glad some (Orange) are making 26 as I have 3 kids and 27.5 will be a handful until they hit over 5′ 8 I reckon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

buckster – Member
    Nope, 27.5 is ideal I reckon. Glad some (Orange) are making 26 as I have 3 kids and 27.5 will be a handful until they hit over 5′ 8 I reckon

😆 😆 not even an cheeky wink smiley

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Would you still buy…..’ is closed to new replies.