Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would you run this chainring/crank combo?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Sixc crank, Raceface 32t chainring.

Just gone from a 36/24 double to 32 single and the chain looks a bit too close to the tabs for comfort.

Could space the chainring off a bit but don’t want to crack the tabs (carbon). Would rather not go up to a 34t but then again I don’t want to ruin the tabs.

Any thoughts from the STW massive?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

P.s. Tried a 32t narrow/wide on and tbh it’s a tad closer.

endurokid
    Free Member

Can’t see a problem to be honest, my 1×10 set up is the same. I’m running an XT crank with a Renthal 32 ring and it looks the same.

If you decide to run a 30t they are stepped in slightly to avoid catching the tabs, and the chainring bolts screw directly to the ring.

Here’s a pic of mine (ring was a Blackspire NW but now Renthal):

endurokid
    Free Member

Edit: I’m also running a carbon crank on my Hardtail with a 32 ring (1×10) and its exactly the same.

transporter13
    Free Member

No issue there for me. Looks spot on

Paceman
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about that.

jes
    Free Member

Running a race face 30t narrow/wide on a set of sixc cranks, clearance is ok as long as I keep the chain clean.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cheers lads, was just worried about the chain chewing the plastic tabs away.

jes – Member
    Running a race face 30t narrow/wide on a set of sixc cranks, clearance is ok as long as I keep the chain clean.

How do you find it runs with not having the tabs sandwiched between the chainring and the metal support tabs? Fancied spacing it but was worried about the load all being on the spacer.

Or am I thinking too much as usual?

toppers3933
    Free Member

So long as it’s not actually touching you should be fine. Even if it is touching it probably will be ok. Will just wear them a bit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would you run this chainring/crank combo?’ is closed to new replies.