Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Would you ride an Intense Carbine around Afan trails?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I do really like the Intense Carbine frame, but I don’t see how a carbon frame can take the beating an ali one can. For example, when cycling in Afan you hear rather large rocks getting thrown up from the front wheel and hitting the underside of the frame.

If the frame was carbon I suspect it would do some real damage pretty quickly?

andyl
    Free Member

bit of a generalisation but basically you will more often than not find that carbon fibre is tougher than aluminium. Especially as you can design the carbon frame in impact prone areas to be more resistant. Good luck trying to do that with aluminium to the same degree without compromising something else.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Go for it whats the worst that can happen?

tthew

Yeah, it’s shocking the number of smashed up carbon bikes you see just scattered by the wayside at your local trail centre isn’t it? It’s almost like the designers haven’t thought of this. 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_O9PLorYPA[/video]

Although he sounds like Sid the sloth.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up – I’m riding in the Jura mountains tomorrow with a guy on a Carbine. He’s got a set of carbon rims as well. Accident waiting to happen if you ask me. Going to give him a call now and warn him. There are rocks literally EVERYWHERE where we’re going!

haribojangles
    Free Member

there are some videos online of santa cruz testing a carbon nomad against an alu nomad and the carbon is far stronger than the alu.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I stand corrected. Thanks for your comments.

Now where did I put that credit card?

plodtv
    Free Member

afan loves carbon

Bregante

haribojangles – Member
    there are some videos online of santa cruz testing a carbon nomad against an alu nomad and the carbon is far stronger than the alu.

Indeed

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xreZdUBqpJs&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/video]

oxym0r0n

Interesting watching the SC tests – still rather something bent than snapped I think 😐

Ambrose

I trust CF. I’ve used various CF sports equipment for years now. My paddles have been faultless, my bars likewise. If Nicolai ever make a CF Helius I may well be up for buying one.

Northwind

oxym0r0n – Member

Interesting watching the SC tests – still rather something bent than snapped I think

Perhaps- but I’d sooner it did neither.

singlespeedstu

I’d only ride it round Afan if it was like totaly colour co-ordinated to my Audi and riding gear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Would you ride an Intense Carbine around Afan trails?’ is closed to new replies.