Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Would you recommend a Jamie Oliver restaurant?
  • ransos
    Free Member

The one in Bristol is truly appalling.

Leku
    Free Member

+1

jimster01

Went to Fifteen in Watergate Bay, food and set-up was ok, but wouldn’t go again.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The one what? Oliver’s or Cote?

Eaten at Jamies Italian in York a couple of times – nothing exceptional, but nice enough for us to go back

ransos
    Free Member

The one what? Oliver’s or Cote?

Oliver’s. Terrible food, terrible service. It was heaving though so I expect they don’t care.

egb81
    Free Member

+1
    +2

They’d run out of my first two choices on the menu, the food was merely meh, the music was too loud to have a conversation without shouting, it was like eating in a supermarket isle crammed full of Jamie Oliver crap. I wouldn’t recommend or go back.

franki
    Free Member

I went to Jamie’s Italian in Birmingham once.
    Long wait to be seated, but it was peak time so fair enough, I guess.
    Had whitebait as a starter – which was really good – then the gas went off in the whole of the building, so no more meals could be cooked.
    Got the starter and bottle of wine for free – so can’t complain.
    Keep meaning to go back and try again, but not managed it yet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do you like garlic, are you happy to pay 20% over the odds?

If yes, can be a nice place

poolman
    Free Member

I see there are some Kingston residents here….what about the veggie opposite Jamies, I know the service can be a bit hit or miss & a bit slow, but I have eaten lunch a few times there.

Kingston is a bit short of decent eateries, my favourite eating option is a visit to Fratellies deli on Park Rd & get a picnic, eaten on Teddington Lock. They will even plate it up for you.

Or the Thai at the bottom on Kingston Hill – didn’t they get a Michelin star?

Teddington is probably the best bet – Charm Thai is good but the owner a bit off.

Hope it helps.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I had held off going to Jamies Italian in Norwich as there are several other small independent Italian restaurants in Norwich. However a couple of weeks ago some friends wanted to go so we booked a table.

It was an awful experience. We turned up for our booking on time but were told that we would have to wait for about 30 mins by a really arrogant restaurant manager. He made it quite clear that he didn’t want to be there and he didn’t want us there either!

We left, and went to a local Italian family owned restaurant. It was wonderful.

i will have to be very hungry before I consider giving Jamie’s another go.

Ian

wrecker
    Free Member

On the plus side, we also have a Grillstock. The remainder of the cities’ restaurants could close down and I wouldn’t care. Except that Grillstock would be busy. Then I would care because you can’t book. Maybe a few could stay open.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Would you recommend a Jamie Oliver restaurant?’ is closed to new replies.