Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Would you rather the clocks didn't change tonight?
  • zippykona

Give me later sunsets any day.

rusty90
    Free Member

Do they? Damn, I’d forgotten that, thanks for the reminder. Could have spent an hour tomorrow waiting for my mate to turn up for our ride.

rossi46
    Free Member

I hate it when it gets dark at 4pm. So depressing!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

It’s very British isn’t it?

If we didn’t do things like this and drive on the left and count in miles, we’d just be like the Spanish or the Germans.

Is that what you want? Is it?

Of course not.

ebygomm
    Free Member

No, looking forward to them going back. Hate having to get up in the dark.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aye. BST in winter would be good.
    Or at least have BST start when the day lengths are the same as when they end. i.e late February.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I can cope with the cold, the rain, the snow, the ice but watching the sun set at half past 3 in the afternoon depresses me greatly.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes.

legend
    Free Member

Yes, but only cause I could do with an extra hours kip tonight!

benji
    Free Member

Perhaps go halves this time, so we don’t need to bother again in the spring, just to even it all out 😕

nuke

No for the reason rossi gave…

I hate it when it gets dark at 4pm. So depressing!

zippykona

http://www.lighterlater.org/
    If you would like more usable daylight these are your people.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Could have spent an hour tomorrow waiting for my mate to turn up for our ride.

Instead, he will be 🙂

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Working till 6, so not sure how I feel about an extra hour in my shift.

joeelston
    Free Member

Change it the other way, by at least 4 hours! Dark evenings are way too depressing.

unknown
    Free Member

I always save my hour for Monday morning.

JoeG
    Free Member

The US doesn’t change time till Nov 3, so we still have a few days…

phiiiiil

I like the clocks changing; I find getting up in the dark much worse than dark evenings. What I don’t like, however, is why we have to wait until near the end of March to change them back again when surely the end of February would make more sense…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a pain with babies and toddlers.

Would not want to see us abandon GMT though.

Drac

No, looking forward to them going back. Hate having to get up in the dark.

Ermmm!

Oh wait it’s me be dumb I’ve just woke up as I’m on nights. In tonight too so that’s at least 1 extra hour at work.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I just simply refuse to. They can take away my freedom but they can never take away my summertime.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Extra hour in bed ftw.

prawny

Can’t wait for the clocks to go back, looking forward to lighter mornings again. We should change it back in the spring, I can go for some epic rides before work in the summer then.

kevj
    Free Member

wordnumb – Member
    Extra hour in bed ftw.

Viz top tip. Get that ‘extra hour in bed’ feeling everyday, by simply going to bed an hour earlier the night before.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got to get up and out of the house early doors tomorrow morning, the the clock change will make that easier 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

never bothered me been the same change every winter all my life used to it now, life long ‘its grim up north’ person

seanypops
    Free Member

Don’t have a problem getting up in the dark knowing it will soon be light. Depressed knowing it gets dark mid afternoon with the sun dropping like a stone. Riding home in the dark sucks and is far more dangerous in rush hour traffic. Just seems people drive at 90 mph to get home.

P20

Same as Drac, here’s to. 13hr nightshift 😕

Susie
    Free Member

I hate the dark evenings, but also hate getting up in the dark. Basically, this time of year sucks. I also think it’s daft that we have to wait until the end of March to put them forward again.

mogrim

It’s very British isn’t it?

If we didn’t do things like this and drive on the left and count in miles, we’d just be like the Spanish or the Germans.

Clocks change in Spain tonight, too. You’ll need to find a better reason.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

GMT all year please

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its OK, this time next year we wont have to worry about putting the clocks back to appease the Scots 🙂

A vote for Independence is a vote for British Summer Time 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I find it a lot harder getting up in the dark tbh.

Arctic Terns have it sorted.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Also shafted due to working 5pm to 3am, so I have decided this year to change my watch at 8am instead and go home 10 hrs after I started.

Also, I never know if I should change my phone, because it might already know, but might not. The result of this is that I am never quite sure whether or not to tell the children to f off when they wake me up on the first day of GMT.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve got two kids under five. Tomorrow morning they are going to wake up at exactly the same time they always do except tomorrow that’s going to be five o’cocking clock.
    👿

damascus
    Free Member

im going to try and just ignore it and try and live an hour earlier. I’m on flexi time and ride to work. I probably won’t last a week but I will try.

jools182
    Free Member

Much rather have it light later in the day

Nothing worse than going home in the dark

I struggle with depression in the winter 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, it’s a pain with babies and toddlers.

Miraculously the clock change coincides with us needing to get our baby up early because my wife is doing the Great South Run tomorrow – I imagine this will be the first and last time something this convenient happens…

rob81
    Free Member

Our eight month old has just started getting up at 5:30. I’m dreading tomorrow morning!

Northwind

I don’t see why it can’t just be summer time all the time, you’re just getting into the swing of it then the government takes it away.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Would you rather the clocks didn't change tonight?’ is closed to new replies.