Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Would you rather have your hand or your foot cut off?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Kind of a random discussion I was having with some Dutch guys in the bar last night.

The general opinion was that it would be better to have your left foot cut off midway between the knee and the ankle than having the left hand cut off midway between the elbow and wrist.

What does STW hive mind think?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Have seen a chappie riding with a prosthetic lower leg & spd “foot”. On the basis of that I’d go leg.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Foot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

Your foot instead of mine. Although, who’d be organising the Big Bike bash then?

totalshell

arm.. you take your leg for granted cos its always been there having seen my FIL trying to get by with a lower leg amputation i’d happily sacrifice my watch hand.. although what would you do at 99

Cougar

I think on reflection, I’d rather have your left leg cut off.

j_me
    Free Member

Six and half a dozen for me.

donsimon
    Free Member

Foot.

ton

foot, and get one of those springs that Oscar the sprinter has.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I was thinking hand so you could still walk.

(actually nothing cut off would be better)

donsimon
    Free Member

Frankenstein – Member

I was thinking hand so you could still walk.

(actually nothing cut off would be better)
    There’s a joke in here somewhere… 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Having once spent 18 weeks with my left hand in plaster I more or less got used to having one hand so for me it would be the hand.

Can’t imagine losing a foot the inability to move about freely bothers me a lot.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Foot

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9n65C0yGcw[/video]

marsdenman
    Free Member

Leg – no contest
    after all – have a hand chopped off and it leaves you without a spare hand to use to, you know, sit on and make it feel numb so it <cough> feels like someone else ….

LHS
    Free Member

Left foot, primarily cause I have a horrible fungal infection two toes. Quick fix.

Napalm
    Free Member

Nick, will the answer to this question help you to set the height of the rotating blades on this year’s BBB lake jump?

Kevevs
    Free Member

right hand. I’m kinda ambidextrous and can write/paint/whatever left handed. need my feet though to get about.

teamslug
    Free Member

Foot for me. Imagine the weight saving!!!…a small titanium rod with a cleat attached instead…Lose about a pound and half I reckon!!!!.

teamslug
    Free Member

Although some of my mates would say my chicken legs look like that anyway…

binners

Foot. I couldn’t live without the ability to pick my nose and scratch my arse at the same time.

chewkw
    Free Member

Thread closed.

Boring Thursday thread …

Kevevs
    Free Member

no fun chewkw of many useful limbs

iDave
    Free Member

I’d go for foot as I’d look less weird in most settings and could swim un-wonkily

yunki
    Free Member

RealMan
    Free Member

Hand my right arm in plaster for a week now, with 5 weeks to go. Think I’d go foot, as your more likely to get your normal life back with prosthetics.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Couple of toes and a few fingers an option?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d rather YOU had your hand chopped off, help reduce the drivel posted here 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Two hands are required for lots of things. Reasonable typing, guitar playing, opening jars etc etc. Fixing bikes would be quite hard, as would riding them. Harder than with one foot at least.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d like my left foot cut off midway between the knee and the ankle please.

highclimber
    Free Member

Definitely a foot for me as loosing a hand would ruin my climbing career!

CountZero

Foot. I could still do my job, take photos, ride a bike easily, do my shoe laces up, button up my flies, button up jackets and do up zips on jackets, (try getting the two halves to join up properly and pull up the tab one handed; some are a pain with two hands).

theotherjonv

when I saw this title and then the author, my immediate impulse was WCA’s going back into his workshop shortly. And to get the paramedics on standby.

Junkyard
    Free Member

foot i play guitar and surely easier to ride with a prosthetic foot than arm/hand

matt_outandabout

GaryLake
    Free Member

Foot. There’s not really much in terms of dexterity going on in your foot so assuming you can get a prosthetic, the foot must be much easier to cope with and adapt to.

As cool as a Luke Skywalker robot hand would be, I’m not sure they’re all that available on the NHS.

Ambrose

Jamie Andrew- RESPECT.

Kevevs
    Free Member

stupid but interesting thread?

HermanShake
    Free Member

This is on par with “blind or deaf”, which seems like a toughy until you realise that life is much harder one way than the other.

Losing a foot has to be less difficult than a hand, less obvious too.

compositepro
    Free Member

Without a doubt hand Easy to replace and spares are say to come by

Luke sywalkers hand really exists a firm I know in Leeds developed it http://www.bebionic.com/2011/04/26/brazilian-patient-celso-demonstrates-his-bebionic-hand/

sweepy
    Free Member

I’d lose the foot, some of those false feet look fun. The hand just looks like it’d drive me insane in ten minutes flat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Would you rather have your hand or your foot cut off?’ is closed to new replies.