Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • Would you park like this?
  • Daffy

Also, is the petrol cap locked? If not, drain it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Like your thinking daffy…. Middle of the road- at 90 degrees to the road. 🙂

teethgrinder

Superglue wet and dry to the length of the wiper blades… shit in the air conditioning intake… pin prick coolant hose…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes

jambourgie
    Free Member

A full new thread with ‘as it happens’ pictures of the OP dismantling it down to a chassis on breeze-blocks would be lovely.

oldgit
    Free Member

s this p***k still there??

Yep.

The kids are in the garden playing now. Remember when it used to be jumpers for goalposts 😆

Cougar

Let’s see.

IIRC, parked adjacent to double yellows is still illegally parked, even if they’re not directly on the road.

If you’re in London, parking with wheels on the pavement is specifically illegal by bylaw.

Assuming no dropped kerb, they’ve had to drive across the pavement to get to your property. I’m sure dibble would be interested in someone doing that.

Parking on your property – trespass?

Of course, the real question is, why haven’t you built a fence around your property? Either before they turned up or after, either is good.

oldgit
    Free Member

In fact they seem to want the hose on, frisbee, cricket set, RC helicopter, BMX bikes. It actually has pretty strong paint.

oldschool

Watch a bit of Danny Macaskill and then go practice hopping on and off the roof.

alpin
    Free Member

oldgit – Member

In fact they seem to want the hose on, frisbee, cricket set, RC helicopter, BMX bikes. It actually has pretty strong paint.

pics or i am calling BS.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d defo block it in with a couple of your own vehicles, the owner will then have to speak with you to remove their vehicle.

As its parked on private land the Police effectively cannot do anything, my brother had a similar incident with a parent parking on his land to collect kids from school so he blocked them in.

Said parent came round and asked if he would move his car, he basically told them where to go and slammed the door in their face.

About 1.5hrs later he gets a knock on the door from some Bobbies ,he explained the situation about it being private land and how parents repeatedly parked there.

They politely asked if he would move his car and they would have a word with the school.

Some people are just ignorant d!cks.

Cougar

As its parked on private land the Police effectively cannot do anything

Really?

Excellent. Next time I have to use the airport I’ll leave my car on someone’s driveway for a fortnight.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cougar

“Cook pass babtridge”?

Wut?

Drac

I bet they cancel ebay purchases too.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hahahaha classic Jamie well done sir

bearnecessities

Do you have a large tent?

aracer
    Free Member

GIYF (for those who don’t know me and don’t know you)

Houns

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Holy crap! The bloke has left then parked the other way! Cheeky bastid!

ElShalimo

Wee on all of the door handles. It’s the mature thing to do

CountZero

If you’ve got a tin of condensed milk, use it to glue a sheet of newspaper right across the windscreen. Spray across it ‘suck it up, jackass’.

BigJohn

Break window release handbrake push

breadcrumb

Ring the scrap yard, tell them to collect?

fin25
    Free Member

Moat!

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’m sure they’re not insured when parked on (your) private property. Burn and report with a very detailed address….. Should cost them!

matt_outandabout

We had this for the last five years – random cars parking on private spot (front of house, double yellows on road, laid to brick pavers, planted tubs and gert big ”private parking please” sign. Even better, they would regularly pull into the yard/garden of next door that we shared. We one even found 20 plus motorbikes in there, and on the back garden lawn.

Such is life living in a tourist spot.

jekkyl

I need to know how this ends, I need closure.

martinhutch

Can you and a burly mate not bounce the car into the street then report it for causing an obstruction?

Jamie
    Free Member

It turns out he’s a ghost.

elliott-20
    Free Member

I’m coming round with my foldable chair and some hobnobs.

😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Do they not have fences in this tourist spot? ^

bearnecessities

I’m coming round with my foldable chair and some hobnobs.

Wagon Wheels, surely?

jambourgie
    Free Member

The OP appears to be far too relaxed about this. I reckon it’s his own car and he’s just trying to angry-up the forum 😀

Haze

Block it in with some shruberries

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Imagine if it’d been an Audi S3….8)

maccruiskeen

GIYF

I’ve learned two things today, and the first was what ‘GIYF’ stands for.

project
    Free Member

An old chap near me used to sprinkle cars with bread and cereal, birds came down like alfred hitchcocks horror movie, left quite a few dents in cars along with lots of crap.

they soon found somewhere else to park.

oldgit
    Free Member

They snuck off whilst I was plotting my 400km audax route.
    Anyway I am chilled, just because I don’t like poor leg tattoos and that I think people who ride bikes with frayed cables should be beheaded, doesn’t mean I’m not chilled.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think people who ride bikes with frayed cables should be beheaded

Good idea – I support this law. Did I also mention I sell cable end caps, £50 each?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Would you park like this?’ is closed to new replies.