Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Would you park like this?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

So no real harm done, but you don’t expect to see a total stranger just park up on your lawn.
    It’s double yellow, all wheels are on my lawn so the footpath is clear.
    I just wouldn’t dream of it.

racefaceec90

stick a potato up their exhaust that’ll teach em 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

If it was my lawn I’d be having a word. Cheeky git.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d be going all DrP on their tyres.

chico66
    Free Member

They’d be coming back to find my van and my wife’s car parked a fag paper’s width from their bumpers…………

Rorschach
    Free Member
    tinybits
    Free Member

As there is a street sign in the background, I’ll be round later to sort him out, and if it’s gone, I’ll nick your bikes instead.

And in answer to your question, no I wouldn’t, cheeky git!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Do you have sharp edge keys?

Phil_H

Er, no I wouldn’t park on someone’s lawn.
    Have you got a valve core extractor?? 😈

IanW
    Free Member

It’s a car which automatically removes normal restrictions, just be grateful your dog/child isn’t underneath it.

Bregante

Quick, build a rockery around it.

Cheeky bar steward! I’d have to have words

midlifecrashes

Roll it into your garage and shut the door, it was clearly meant as a gift.

or

MOVE IT in shaving foam all over the windows.

ninfan
    Free Member

Tip it on its side so you can mow the lawn 😈

jambourgie
    Free Member

No, I would not park on someones lawn.

I’d be busy stripping it for parts before bumping it into the middle of the road.

muddy@rseguy

Don’t move the car…perhaps instead build a rockery and a strategically placed water feature or two.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The car owner earlier…

muddy@rseguy

Or put a “for sale” sign on it.

grum
    Free Member

NSFW!!!!

I know someone who bought a giant 4×4 pickup thing and was featured on that site within about a week. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Let two tyres down.

meehaja
    Free Member

report to police as abandonned vehicle on private property

convert

I live directly opposite a primary school and 50 yards down the road from the village church. Apparently a circular must have gone around that I missed that said it was just dandy to park across or sometimes in our drive at kiddy dropping off and picking up time or for a session of god bothering. The Vic still hasn’t spoken to me since I interrupted a Christmas morning service to ask the asshat who blocked us in to move his sodding car 100m down the road where there was acres of space so we could get on with our Christmas day and that it wasn’t really a very Christian thing to do. I’ll let you guess the make of car, you’ll get it in two.

richmars

No, I wouldn’t park like that.
    But how obvious is it that it’s a garden, and not a grass verge?
    (Not clear from the photo.)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Truly shocking I’d leave an angry letter on the screen or make it my duty to see them when they get in the car

Looking at the type of car I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a SCROTABILITY car (motability), and they’ll just use the old “I’m disabled” card

Check the tax disc see of it says disabled on it with NIL on the value, not that this should allow somebody to park there anyways but they are a law to themselves!

If all of that isn’t true, then I’d say maybe it doesn’t look like a garden as such like said above

breadcrumb

I’d be fuming. I’d report it as dumped to the police, cheeky bastards.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Could you not chain it up and charge a £900 release fee?

fasthaggis

I bet that the driver has a leg tattoo.

grum
    Free Member

Looking at the type of car I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a SCROTABILITY car (motability), and they’ll just use the old “I’m disabled” card

Check the tax disc see of it says disabled on it with NIL on the value, not that this should allow somebody to park there anyways but they are a law to themselves!

Yeah bloody disabled people – I hate those guys.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I hate the disabled fakers indeed, sadly that makes up about half the amount in the country see it first hand everyday in order to bag themselves a nice brand new car just like that one above

And if they are disabled it doesn’t make it right to park on someone’s garden 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Put up a fence between the car and the pavement 🙂

tightywighty
    Free Member

Poo on the bonnet

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Wow a fair few posts in now and no ones told you it’s your fault OP

Must be a stw first

trail_rat
    Free Member

A3 sheet of paper with “this is not a parking space” in size 80 – wet it with water and stick it to the screen at drivers eye level

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s got me thinking now…

If someone parks on your private property, would you be breaking any law if you were to take off every re moveable part, laying them neatly by the side of the car? Windscreen wipers, bumpers, wheels, etc?

Let’s say it was a service you provided for all your guests…

Rachel

trail_rat
    Free Member

Or if you crashed into it…… Its private property after all not accessable by all and treated as a public road……

Thinking about it – i think id just break out the trolley jack and axel stands …. Stick it 1 inch off the ground with an axel stand on every corner 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I hate the disabled fakers indeed, sadly that makes up about half the amount in the country see it first hand everyday in order to bag themselves a nice brand new car just like that one above

Half the amount in the country? Hmm…

See it first hand every day? Course you do. 🙄

And if they are disabled it doesn’t make it right to park on someone’s garden

Lucky no-one’s said that then. It’s you that’s invented this whole imaginary scenario where the person is a pretend-disabled fraudster, purely based on the car being a Berlingo. 😆

vickypea
    Free Member

Cheeky mares. I’d be very tempted to block them in with another car or something equally unmovable.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Time to light your annual Easter bank-holiday bonfire. Right under that car someone’s abandoned.

cheez0
    Free Member

[STW mode]call that a lawn? no wonder passers-by think its abandoned waste land! 🙂 [/STW mode]

*not really, the bastard needs a hammer through his window.

gogg
    Free Member

Is this p***k still there??

Daffy

Got a decent piece of wood? Got a trolley jack? Is the car in neutral? Find the centre jack points, jack the front and angle it toward where you want it, then lower and jack the rear and push it to where it should be.

You just want it gone, not make it more difficult to remove.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Would you park like this?’ is closed to new replies.