Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Would you join the armed forces?
  • Helios
    Free Member

headfirst: That might make your life quite "Rosey"

jahwomble
    Free Member

I spent many happy years slotting terrorists and other assorted mit-mots on behalf of queen and country.

konabunny
    Free Member

complain about the Armed Forces invading somewhere when conflict is just the extension of politics and soldiers don't go anywhere unless politicians send them.

If you joined in the last 20 years, you had a fair idea that you'd be sent away to occupy some foreign land on sometimes dubious grounds.

I can't imagine anything worse than being in the services TBH

Being in the cops?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some men are just not man enough for some roles in life

It has been a great disappointment to my parents that despite all my years on the planet all I have done is help people and not KILLED anyone ….you should see the mocking looks they give me for being such an effeminate fop

firestarter
    Free Member

Yes I did left after many happy years to move to a new challenge. Nearly rejoined the marines 2 years ago but family won in the end

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Yes.

The country is more than just the people in it.
    Indeed, it's also the oil that's not in it that is somewhere else that we're entitled because we want it.

If you can stick it for the pension and are at a reasonable level (officer generally) you are made for life – a friend will be leavig the Navy in very few years time, younger than me, and he will be able to claim a living-wage pension

Nice, bet that won't be included in the public sector cuts being made, instead we can concentrate on making nursing and teaching undesirable occupations whilst encouraging the use of stupidly expensive weaponry as a career. Funny, but I would have thought making the country worth defending should be a priority.

aP
    Free Member

Anyway isn't DC proposing a 20-30% reduction in the size of the Army?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this is called "military thinking" 🙁

hora
    Free Member

How many in the Army actually fight? and how many are support?

Those that brag, boast and poisture tend to be those who don't fight.
    Just feed off the fighting soldiers reputation.

TooTall
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

this is called "military thinking"

Yet if I put a smiley at the end of it, it might well be called 'irony'. 😕

soobalias
    Free Member

i usually avoid padded's threads, but this one is funny.

hora
    Free Member

I was also in the ATC (also did a tour' in the Cubs) 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Baaa !!

hora
    Free Member

Ha! Reminds me of Slackbladder killing his favourite Pigeon!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No way, I'm a pacifist. And anyway, if someone wants the thankless task of invading us, it's much easier and cheaper to wait till they arrive and then kill them with IEDs, though we might have to wait a while to see if they could do a better job of running the country than the Tories…

It seems to me a lot of what the armed forces do is defending British "interests", which usually turn out to be things we'd be better off not doing

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Would you join the armed forces?’ is closed to new replies.