Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Would you have stopped here?
  • Garry_Lager

Cycling to work this morning, I pull away from a roundabout and a car accelerates fairly hard to overtake me. There’s a traffic island ahead which they marginally misjudge, clip their front wheel on it and explode the front tyre with a bang. They pulled over and I then pass them and see that the front wheel is flat.

Should I have stopped here (would you)? I just continued on as it didn’t seem to really fit the bill as an accident that I was involved with (could be wrong like). Also, just stopping to commiserate on their awful driving didn’t seem like it would be particularly helpful.

ojom
    Free Member

No reason for you to stop at all.

IHN

Nah, I wouldn’t have stopped

unklehomered
    Free Member

I would have struggled not to chortle out loud… But prob wouldn’t have stopped.

youngrob

I wouldn’t have stopped either

bencooper
    Free Member

Stopped? No. I would have:

teasel
    Free Member

Should I have stopped here (would you)?

No. I had a silmilar experience and as much as I wanted to stop and point out their stupidity and selfishness, I believed it would have been pretty bleeding obvious to them at that point.

scaled
    Free Member

Hell no!

It was clearly your fault they hit their wheel and destroyed a tyre, stopping so they could have a go at you about it is a terrible idea 😉

wwaswas

I’d have probably given them a thumbs up in passing.

GrahamS

I might have stopped and said something innocuous like “Are you all okay?”

But I suspect scaled is right – they’d blame you and have a go. They are probably on drivelikeatwatworld right now ranting about how some maniac cyclist forced them into a traffic island.

zilog6128

This is why all commuters need helmet cams. Please. Videos like that would be comedy gold and help the working day go a bit quicker!

carlos
    Free Member

Stopped? No
    Laughed? Definatley (whilst pointing at the tyre) 😆

edlong
    Free Member

Been there, done that, laughed my tits off.

Lifer
    Free Member

I would have wheelied past them while lighting a cigar. And then double back for photos.

Garry_Lager

Thks – I’m getting the picture that stopping was not really necessary 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d have stopped and offered assistance if she was hot.

ski
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

I might have stopped and said something innocuous like “Are you all okay?”

But I suspect scaled is right – they’d blame you and have a go. They are probably on drivelikeatwatworld right now ranting about how some maniac cyclist forced them into a traffic island.

That what I thought too, stop and you might have got a face full of anti-bike rhetoric

officialtob
    Free Member

Depends who was driving – maybe if it was a little old lady she would get my sympathy vote..

trail_rat
    Free Member

quality.

Ive had this in the past too –

i like to think of it as poetic justice

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Would you have stopped here?’ is closed to new replies.