Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Would you go storm chasing?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

We've all seen the programs on Discovery etc.. Annoying Americans driving around in a mini-bus following a truck with a doppler radar on it's roof.

Do any of you lot fancy it?

I once considered going on a tour in Kansas but the thing that put me right off was the prospect of spending 12 hours a day in said mini-bus with said annoying Americans.

I'd love to see a tornado or even just experience "tornadic" conditions of large hail, black skies and lightning. I reckon it would be really exciting.

binners

I'd love to see a tornado or even just experience "tornadic" conditions of large hail, black skies and lightning. I reckon it would be really exciting.

Spend an evening on the curry and beer with me then stand at the foot of my bed for the night.

Actually… thats probably even more dangerous

grynch
    Free Member

mrs. G loves watching those shows, and loves real live Thunder-storms ( watching them from a safe location that is )

but just for a laugh I asked her if she wanted to take a storm chaser holiday next year — I can't exactly describe the look I got but I took it to mean no.

vinnyeh

Love to. From a safe distance, in a fast vehicle.
    By the way, how did you know they were annoying Americans?

FWIW, there's annoying Europeans everywhere. I was in a guided group somewhere when the day's stuff got cancelled cos an English dickhead insisted on slashing with his penknife every rubber and Sapodilla tree we saw despite being warned off numerous times.

And stuck on another day out somewhere else with a bunch of Eurotrash who insisted on ridiculing the living conditions of the locals, in English, unfortunately for those who had to listen.

derek_starship
    Free Member

By the way, how did you know they were annoying Americans?

Yawn.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

iDave
    Free Member

Quite strong wind – the only reason to visit Kansas

grynch
    Free Member

FWIW.. there are annoying every-bodies every-where. all nationalities, all types have their own "tourists from hell" IMO.

except for me of course.

vinnyeh

Yawn.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's you on holiday then, is it? 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Would you go storm chasing?’ is closed to new replies.