Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Would you go and look?
  • bungle

Victoria line this afternoon, somebody under train. As all the passengers were turfed off to look for alternative routes some were going to the front of the train to have a look! FFS why?

piemonster

There’s whole websites devoted to that sort of stuff.

It’s just a morbid curiosity of our fragile and terminal existence.

Grim, but not that uncommon. Seem to recall Stephen Fry once visited a body farm on telly a year or so back.

jambalaya
    Free Member

NFW .. aside from the gore Imthink that is very disrespectful to the victim and the emergency services too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whilst we think it’s disrespectful, a lot of folk have no respect.

Just move on, take heed that it wasn’t you underneath..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

See also traffic on the motorway tailing back when the accident is in the other direction.

scaredypants

I suppose it’s just possible they could be healthcare staff looking to see if help needed – even I’ve done that and I’m no real use in those situations but could probably hold/lift/carry shit if needed (and I’m not squeamish, which might help). If there was obviously a shitload of emergency services already there then, yeah, just a bunch of sick ****

mefty
    Free Member

Just move on, take heed that it wasn’t you underneath..

Looking is bad enough but collecting a souvenir is a bit extreme.

chewkw
    Free Member

bungle – Member
    Victoria line this afternoon, somebody under train. As all the passengers were turfed off to look for alternative routes some were going to the front of the train to have a look! FFS why?

In SE Asia or the far east you will see plenty of people using their mobile phones to take pics of the situation because people like to see … part of their habit … the norm …

ampthill

See also traffic on the motorway tailing back when the accident is in the other direction.

Rubber necking isn’t quite the same. I think drivers brains are wired to look for issues on the road. Seeing flashing lights its natural for people to lift off the gas for a moment it can take a while to be sure there is nothing affecting your side. This can then become a braking compression. I think its a bit simplistic to say that the problem was everyone wanting to see the gore etc.

scaredypants

Looking is bad enough but collecting a souvenir is a bit extreme.

😆

bungle

I suppose it’s just possible they could be healthcare staff looking to see if help needed – even I’ve done that and I’m no real use in those situations but could probably hold/lift/carry shit if needed (and I’m not squeamish, which might help). If there was obviously a shitload of emergency services already there then, yeah, just a bunch of sick ****

One woman had a toddler in a pushchair

piemonster

Take your kids to work day?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Would you go and look?’ is closed to new replies.