Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Would you disconnect car battery when going on holiday ?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

3 times I’ve left a Passat at Manchester airport (in January/Feb) & 3 times I’ve come back to high spots on the rear discs, causing a judder on braking. The discs don’t get any corrosion where the pads have been in contact. Could be just Manchester/my Passat/humidity/my bad luck, or a combination!

konabunny
    Free Member

” will work when you return. Dont alarms stop going off after a certain kength of time anyway?”

yes, about two and a half weeks

TheBrick
    Free Member

Leave a Smart charger connected. No worries on either front.

anagallis_arvensis

will work when you return. Dont alarms stop going off after a certain kength of time anyway?”
    yes, about two and a half weeks

He should set it off before he leaves then. All will be quiet when he gets home.

maccruiskeen

If the battery is uncharged for more than about two weeks, reverse electronolysis will occur in the ECU, particularly on VAG models, which will cause the stator valve in the throttle valve to display a false negative, cutting the fuel flow during start and, by implication, causing the lambda sensor to signal inaccurately due to the coanda effect.

If that happened it would be a simple matter of extracting the iconometric elements, and triaxilating a recursion matrix. You might need a grown up to help you.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Would you disconnect car battery when going on holiday ?’ is closed to new replies.