Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Would you consider some KFC as being a portion of protein?
  • BillyWhizz
    Free Member

if you were watching your diet?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I'd consider it a week's worth of fat and year's worth of dangerous chemicals.
    Frankly, if I was on any kind of diet, I'd avoid walking past the place to try and avoid absorbing the fat by osmosis

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes it's a portion…… but what size portion of protein do you want ?

And as ChubbyBlokeInLycra says, it's also a portion of fat ….. quite a large one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DarrenH

Definately, and kfc gravy is perfect carbs! It kept me going for an excellent ride last week.

GhostRider
    Free Member

I had a McChicken Summer Sandwitch and large fries for lunch, protein ?

I also done my 28 mile round trip commute today, so am i calorie neutral ? (assuming, that is, i did not also consume 1xpacket snakajacks, 4 aero bubbles, some cheese, 2xtortilla wraps and about 4 oat cakes, oh and 5 galsses of red…so far)

samuri
    Free Member

I remember, as a younger person, quite enjoying chicken burgers and chips from there. So when my son eventually talked me into going there (we don't really do fast food), I was quite excited.

I have never tasted such vile crap in all my life, and I've eaten caviar. I spat mine out into the bin. One of the staff saw me doing it and asked if everything was ok. after some discussion and some testing we determined that the burger was indeed supposed to taste like a pair of socks I'd been wearing for a month and that nothing was in fact wrong.

eldridge
    Free Member

Of course it's protein – throw away the "sides" of beans, coleslaw etc.

Peel off the crispy, fat laden coating

Pull the thin slivers of off-white flesh away from the central bone

Realise how much it reminds you of slivers of rat meat

Vomit

grahamt1980

Of course it's protein – throw away the "sides" of beans, coleslaw etc.

Peel off the crispy, fat laden coating

Pull the thin slivers of off-white flesh away from the central bone

Realise how much it reminds you of slivers of rat meat

Vomit

Loving your work

lalazar
    Free Member

Hmmm a mate of mine convinced me this argument was true.

Now were both fat baskets.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I won't venture into a KFC, nor have I ever.
    Not keen on Pizza Hut and Mc D's have their place, it's just not my cuppa – although they do serve decent tea
    3x egg McMuffins are worth while for an enegy breakfast.

nickc

Never eaten at KFC. Will eat burgers on road trips, but something about KFC repels me. Could be the smell of the chicken processing plant in my town…yeah, that's probably it…

Coyote
    Free Member

Similar experience to Samuri really. Last year me and some other dads took our 4 y/o sons to see "Harry and his (her*) Bucketful of Dinosaurs" in Manchester. After the show we discussed what would be an acceptable compromise for a quick bite. McDonalds was agreed on. Sweet Baby Jebus and all the Orphans… What a pile of mediocrity. Oh, apart from the "fries". They were a rhapsody in salt and lard. Why are the culinary refuse tips that are McD's, Kentucky Fried Battery Hen and Buggery King viewed as treats? THEY ARE POISON!

*Harry was obviously a chick. It took my lad Ged about 10 mintes to spot it.

"Daddy, why is Harry a girl?".

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but something about KFC repels me

Yup, me too.

It's this :

No animal needs to go through that for me to eat.

theboatman
    Free Member

Much as I think most takeaways are akin to eating lard whilst stood in an x-ray machine, I'm certainly not going to freak out about taking my active healthy kids/ and self for the odd shite meal every now and again when we are stuck out somewhere. But if they were lazy fat chodders already, I may. To the OP, yes there will be some protein (it's chicken), but a whole load of fat/ salt etc, if I were unlucky enough to be watching my diet I think I would rule out most fast food and just plan ahead a bit.

hora
    Free Member

I wouldnt go near Kentucky. Didnt Animal Rights Activities called Kentucky's bluff over animal treatment claims on their website. Net result Kentuckys claims of welfare disapeared?

In general the bones always seem really brittle or already broken in wierd ways and the meat is never substantial- always weedy. They probably cull the birds at a certain age (i.e. young) but you'd still get well muscled-birds.

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally i find it can be quite tasty, only have it a couple of times a year.

*prepares to be beaten to death with rolled up copies of the Guardian and organic cucumbers.*

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I love KFC for the protein fix – but steer clear of Burger King and McDs – I always go for the wraps with no Mayo so you get a good big of breast meat and a corn on the cob.

I prefer KFC because you can actually see its come from an animal rather than others where god knows how they get the flavour!!! 😮

Although a friend got me into the Veggie stuff from McDs and that along with pancakes is about the only thing I'd get from McDs

paulosoxo
    Free Member

All there buns are sesame, so it's a no go

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

All there buns are sesame, so it's a no go

I think i've missed something. What's up with sesame?

allyharp

I love the Zinger Tower burger from KFC but I guess it's more about the sauce than anything else. Can't stand the chicken buckets though, it's often too greasy to even pick up. The chicken in the burgers are no doubt greasy too but at least you don't have to pick it up.

Quite fond of a Big Tasty in maccy d's too, the sauce is delish!

DenDennis
    Free Member

I understand that you can scoff as much as you like at kfc/MCd/Bk,
    PROVIDED THAT you also order a Diet Coke.
    the latter apparently neutralises all harmful elements of the food.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I've heard it's great food for trolls!! 8)

samuri
    Free Member

What's up with sesame?

Have you not heard of the factory sesame farms where sesame's are bred right on top of one another with no natural light or space?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

sesame's are bred right on top of one another with no natural light or space?

that's awful! No wonder they're so pale and small these days.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It's the purple rash, burning skin and fat lips that puts me off with sesame.

eldridge
    Free Member

you can actually see its come from an animal

Agreed. It's just that it's debatable what animal it's come from.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, but at least you know it is probably a big muscle group rather than something removed with a chain or sucker!!!

warton
    Free Member

i went to Maccy Ds in april, first time I'd been in a year or so. God almighty, it was like eating plasticine, no taste, no texture, no nothing. I love KFC, love it with a passion, but I force myself to stay well clear. If I eat meat it has to be happy meat, the older I get the more i find myself living by that rule

chvck
    Free Member

I very, very rarely eat KFC, McD's, etc… I find the taste of KFC appalling but actually think that McD's tastes quite alright (probably all the crap in them) but avoid them all because the crap in them makes my stomach go mental!

Also – battery farming of chickens in those small cages will be illegal within 3 years as far as I know, think they'll largely be replaced with enriched cage systems which have perches etc…. and much bigger cages. OK so it's not free range but that isn't always practical!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Would you consider some KFC as being a portion of protein?’ is closed to new replies.