Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Would you consent to your daughter having the HPV vaccine?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Why aren't they giving it to boys?

Out and out sexism. Can't beleive no-one has called them on it!

Couldn't be bothered with swine flu, somehow the risk seems incredibly minimal.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

donald……are you advocating the mass culling of the male population, are you Harriot Harman?

donald
    Free Member

No, I'm advocating vaccinating mosquitoes against plasmodium falciparum 🙂

Or the equivalent.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

that will be a mass vacination programme

llama

she had it 2 weeks ago no problems

best bit is winding her up about the 6 inch needle and where they have to stick it

donald
    Free Member

A study done in 1952 of 13,000 nuns found no cases of cervical cancer.

The vast majority of people who die from cervical cancer were given that disease by their partners. It would seem odd that if we are trying to eradicate the disease from the planet we only target half the population.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its not given to men because……………….

Men cant get cervical cancer (well, not very easily), and as its caused by an STD vacinating men would be poinless, you only need to vacinate one sex of the other and voila, its no longer passed arround (bum lovers excepted).

And in general giving teenage boys any remote reason not to use a condom ('I cant give you cancer') is proabably a very bad idea.

Rich
    Free Member

Some info for anyone interested: Cervarix Information

skidartist
    Free Member

Its a shame that in the aftermouth of vaccination scares / hoaxes such as the MMR bollox that the press show no willingness to correct the situation or clear the air, perhaps because of their own sheeplike complicity in the whole thing. Perhaps because they daren't look over their should at the misery in their wake

The MMR hoax is facinating: An 'expert' being bribed by lawyers to conjour up supportive evidence for use in a trial. The 'expert' takes a half million pound bung. The press are either fed or seize up on the 'evidence' and cover the story as if its an issue that is dividing the medical profession 50/50 when in fact its one insubstantial excise being weighed against a conclusive mass of evidence and opinion.

Harrowingly, the alternative therapy scene chuck their oar in too, uninvited, seeing that there are sides to be taken, they instinctively take the side opposing the conventional line.

The genius of it all in the the lawyers only had to bribe the one quack, the press, self appointed 'therapists', gossips at the school gates and sound-biting politicians did all the rest for free.

Meanwhile we re-introduce measles, a disease that has the potential to leave peoples children in a permanent near-vegatative state that will need minute by minute care for the rest of their lives (or if they are lucky, dead). Roughly one in a thousand Measles cases will result serious, permanent mental imparement. And there have been more than a thousand cases of measles since it was reintroduced, so there is like be be a tragedy out there somewhere. Measles is a third world disease, it has no place in one of the richest countries on the planet. If I was a parent of a child who I'd refused to inoculate I'd be shitting myself, if I was the parent of children too young to inoculate I'd be seething.

To my mind that all adds up to an act of biological terrorism – the spread of fear, and unreason, disease, harm, death.

I think thats a great story, why haven't I read it anywhere.

uplink
    Free Member

When I was a kid [in the 60s]we all got measles – along with a whole bunch of other diseases – if fact, we were taken around to peoples houses that did have them in order to catch them 😯

Anyway – I don't know anyone that died from measles but I do know someone who suffered deafness because of it – I'm not sure I'd be shitting myself if one of my kids hadn't been inoculated but I wouldn't be volunteering them to go without either.

skidartist
    Free Member

In you remember the old Giles cartoons, set in a hospital, there would always be a child with measles and a thermometer in them. Measles was frequently serious enough for kids to be hospitalised.

Looking it up, the fatality rate from measles for otherwise healthy people in developed countries is in fact 3 deaths per thousand cases.

It can also lead to corneal scarring and ulceration and acute inflammation of the brain and subsiquent brain damage – perhaps the cause of your friends deafness.

Christowkid
    Free Member

skidartist: Nail on head – well done!

My two daughters – youngest had it, elder just started the course of 3 jabs. Yep their arm was sore afterwards, but it's just been stabbed with a needle!!
    My eldest came back from school trip as news broke about that poor girl from Coventry. She was a bit aprehensive but now ok after revelations about the girl's medical history ( brave move by parents still in shock ).

Basic info:-
    1m + jabs = no fatalities.
    No jabs = 1 chance in 136 of getting disease.
    No brainer.
    Q

Trekster

What about the breast cancer, bowel cancer statistics?
    Much greater I do believe?

GrahamS

What about the breast cancer, bowel cancer statistics?
    Much greater I do believe?

Yes, and if they identify a single viral source of those that can be effectively targeted by a vaccination then I'm sure that will be offered too.

gonefishin
    Free Member

…and having seen what my mother went through with bowel cancer, I'll be fighting my way to the front of the queue.

G
    Free Member

Run it past me someone. Given the facts what possible reason would there be for not consenting to your daughter having the jabs?

uplink
    Free Member

Run it past me someone. Given the facts what possible reason would there be for not consenting to your daughter having the jabs?

Oh I dunno – it's either this thread or a similar one where someone has spent all year reading about how the drug companies are in league with the Martians (& maybe the Brownies too, I can't remember) & all the inoculations are deliberately under-developed in order to use human babies as guinea pigs (I'm not sure if they're kept in a cage with a wheel & one of those drinks bottles with a ball bearing in them though)
    The upshot is that the Martians (& Brownies) get much better drugs so he's decided to use voodoo for all his family's medical needs

NB – I may has mis-read the odd point but I'm fairly sure it was the Martians.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Yes I would. I can't see any medical, ethical, or moral objections that stand up.
    FWIW The Daily Mail medical correspondent hates big-pharma and regularly publishes misleading articles. My colleagues won't talk to her.
    HPV for boys is an interesting idea – there has been an increase in mouth cancer recently, which could be linked. One to watch…

skidartist
    Free Member

The problem with the Mail (and now the telegraph, where some former Mail seniors now reside) is their journalists write what they are told to, if during their investigation they unearth the facts that would render their story bullshit (which is usually often), then their choice is to ignore the facts and write the story they were given, or have their story passed over to someone who is willing to ignore the facts and write the story they were given. How many times do you think they are going to pass over stories before they find themselves with a lot of time on their hands.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

The problem with the Daily Mail journo was that she did the interview, then ignored it and printed a load of rubbish but "quoted" my colleague. She is grinding her axe and ignoring the truth…

pennine
    Free Member

My daughter had her jab this morning. Apart from a sore arm she says she's fine.

Having watched my mum die from breast & throat cancer I'm all for it.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

What is this daily mail you speak of – as a qualified nurse for 15 years & academic for the last 5 years – I thought as was pretty familiar with most of research journal, but clearly this daily mail as escaped me.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Would you consent to your daughter having the HPV vaccine?’ is closed to new replies.