Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • would you chance 2.35 tires on mavic xc717,s
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Or will they fall off. 😆

budgierider67

Narrower 2.35 tyres like Maxxis Minions & High Rollers work fine.
    That’s as far as my experiences go.

robhughes
    Free Member

Iv,e got a spare pair on wire bead stick-e nevegals and was thinking of sticking them on the hard tail to soften the back end up a bit.

fathomer

Not sure if this helps but I run 2.25 Nobby Nics and notice a bit of roll every now and then.

midlifecrashes

Nobby Nic 2.25 here too, trouble free, used to have Conti Vert 2.3 too, again no bother. I’d give it a go and expect it will be fine.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

I run 2.35 Wire Swampies on 517’s without any problems

porter_jamie

Minion, and rampages, for years. Also a highroller 2.4, in an emergency, 3 days riding in the peak, felt great.

BigJohn

You need to keep them pumped up quite a bit or they flop from side to side. Otherwise fine.

cakefacesmallblock

I run a 2.35 high roller on a 517 without much problem Tubeless, on stans strips at 33psi.
    If it all lets go suddenly one day then perhaps I was wrong. Meantime no worries.

Moomin
    Free Member

Have run maxxis Ardent, ignitors and conti verticals on my 717’s for years no bother.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Just out of interest what are people running on the back if a nobbly nic on the front, I was thinking of getting a Ralph or Ron for my 717s

brooess
    Free Member

I had some Panaracer Rampage on 717s. Definitely come up with a narrower footprint compared to running them on 321s, and a little taller as a result.
    Bike flipped out from underneath me once and I had my first ever ride in an ambulance with a broken scapula (shoulder blade)

Now I’m not going to blame the tyres for my own incompetence but the wheels did go out very fast and very suddenly which I’ve never experienced before or since (now running the same tyres on rims rated for 2.35s)…

alexpalacefan

I run 2.35 Nevs on that rim, at 31 psi. Never had any trouble.

APF

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I used to run a 2.35 high roller out front and a 2.1 advantage out back n 717’s, and they seemed fine

pguy78
    Free Member

I have ran a 717 with a highroller 2.35 on the front for a while now with no issues.

transapp
    Free Member

Fathomer +1. 2.25 nobby nic snakeskins and have had a but if roll on the from tyre when completely cocking up.
    I run then front and rear, would possibly put on a rr for racing, but normal trail work, stick with the nn.

erny
    Free Member

2.35 high roller on the front with no problems for me

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers guys…On they go. 😀

Northwind

I got on OK with 2.35 Nevegals, which are a genuine 2.35. Bit pinched but it didn’t cause any major problems. Maxxis ones will be absolutely fine- the rims are designed for up to 2.3 according to the sidewall sticker, and they’re way smaller than that.

Tom83

I had a larson tt 2.35 roll off the rim on my old pair of 717’s. Went narrower after that!

robhughes
    Free Member

Nice one Northwind….I,ll take your word for it. 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘would you chance 2.35 tires on mavic xc717,s’ is closed to new replies.