Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Would you by a road bike with (2012) 2300?
  • Kryton57

So I understand its like Old Sora, with the thumb shifters, but its on a Genesis Volant for £499 which might be a nice winter bike….

?

simondbarnes

Personally, no, as I don’t like the shifters but they work perfectly well. That’s a good price for a Volant 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Those shifters are awful if you ride on the drops, they’re ok(ish) if you spend most of your time on the hoods though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Simondbarnes – it is although I’d prefer the red one and its the blue/white one.

Happy with riding on the hoods, it’d be a winter bike after all and I’m wondering if its not to painful to ride until its worn out, and can be replaced with something better.

Nice frame and fork for the money, alternative is a Synapse Sora for a bit more.

ross980
    Free Member

As above. One thing I will say though is the 2300 shifters on my work bike feel more ‘solid’ and less flimsy than the (9sp) Tiagra on my road bike. They are newer though, which night explain it. I actually quite like them.

mickolas
    Free Member

I get on well with mine. need to get on the hoods to shift of course but if you’re not racing I don’t see this as a hardship. mine have been through two winters, 10,000 miles one replacement set of cables, three unintentional horizontal excursions with the cover window missing off the left shifter for the majority of this. still shift like new. the braking ergonomics and comfort are pretty good too. btw mine are 2010 but I think it’s the same.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Personaly I hate them so clunky , I have older tiagra 9 speed from 5 years ish ago and its far better even now than new 2300.

But for budget road bikes 2300 is better than micro shift or shocking entry level campy

Kryton57

Hmm. I’m kinda thinking that for a winter bike it’s be OK as I don’t ride in the drops much anyway….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Would you by a road bike with (2012) 2300?’ is closed to new replies.