Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Should i buy these or send my pikes to loco for voodoo magic
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Thinking of buying these as they should fit my frame.
    http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/fox-suspension-forks/fox-32-talas-150-fit-rlc-15-2012.html?dm_i=I11,17SFI,3K25KS,441Z0,1

Or send my air u-turn pikes to Si for a full damper upgrade.
    RCT3+dual flow gubbins…
    The pikes are mint BTW

stevede
    Free Member

Personally I’d go for the performance and stiffness of the upgraded pike over the weight saving that the fox will give.

lank45
    Free Member

that is an absolute bargain if they fit…buy them!

robhughes
    Free Member

They will fit but as steve said the pikes will end up superb.
    The pike upgrade+full service works out about the same.
    Decisions..Decisions…AAArrrrr

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Fox forks are amazing value for money…

…but I hate to say this, I’d go for uber-upgraded Pikes.

ste1284
    Free Member

I agree, go for the upgrade

Cracking deal on the fox forks though!!!

robhughes
    Free Member

My arm is being severely twisted here… 😉
    I do love the pikes though.They just feel bomb proof.With magic performed on them it will stop them packing down and keep up with some of the best 140,s out there..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Pikes or Revs, fox are shite and you can see the 150mm 32’s visibly flexing if you ride up or down a stair set.

robhughes
    Free Member

All ready got RTL-Ti black box revs and they are great.So hoping that the pikes should ? be just as good if not better..
    I,m sold anyway and off they go to loco. 😀 Plus thinking about it i just can,t be doing with the pampering the fox need.
    It was just at that price it got me thinking.

Steelsreal

We are all seeing the 1.5 steerer bit, right?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Pike chassis is excellent, but with improved damping it’s hard to think of a better 140mm fork. I’ve heard far too many stories about Fox stanchion wear for my liking.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep 1 1/2…My frame will take it..

mint5auce
    Free Member

A performance update in a few weeks would be appreciated! 😀
    Just put dual flow rebound into my Pike, so will be interested to know how the RCT3 in it as well helps, compared to your Rev RLT Ti..
    Enjoy!

robhughes
    Free Member

Will Do minty…Should be a great fork after Si,s had his hands on it.
    Whats the pike like with just the dual flow bud..

andeh

How much is the full Pike upgrade? I’ve been considering something to pep up my Pikes for a while.

DT78
    Free Member

I’d stick with the pikes as well. I’ve got 454 coils and haven’t had any trouble with packing down – is that just the air version?

robhughes
    Free Member

DT78..The mo-co and standard rebound shaft can get a bit overwhelmed on repeated hits.Dual flow solves this and the RTC3 damper gives better damping. 😉

Northwind

Depends on the frame and use. Float for light but squiggly, Pike for heavy but strong.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hey northwind.Think i,ll got for full out give it as much as i dare type fork… 😉

mulacs

Rob, can you indicate what service you’re exactly requesting from Loco – I’m pretty interested in getting the same done but can’t see this upgrade service on their website. Is it bespoke? What is the full cost? I’ve got 454 Air U Turns.
    Thanks!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would deffo keep the pikes. I honestly can’t think of a more suitable fork for my ht for my riding than a u-turn coil pike.

06awjudd
    Free Member

If it’s performance your after I’d keep the Pike.

If you wanna make your bike look the dogs bollocks, or are thinking of selling it soon get the Talas – it will boost the resale value quite a bit.

Merlin must be really struggling to sell 1.5″ forks………

robhughes
    Free Member

Not planning on selling just now so not that bothered about resale value.
    It,s performance i,m after and i think loco is the way to go on this one. 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

mulacs.Email loco.He,ll sort you out my friend….

mint5auce
    Free Member

@ Rob
    Can’t really comment yet as my local riding unfortunately doesn’t really justify the original Pike let alone the upgrade! For normal riding? No different. But then, that isn’t what I got it for.

Will be at the Dyfi winter warm up next week, again not on the Pikes, but on some Rev’s that I’ve done the same upgrade to. So that’ll be a good test!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Should i buy these or send my pikes to loco for voodoo magic’ is closed to new replies.