Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Would you buy back a bike you sold?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’m into my 29er’s, 700cc bikes and last Christmas I sold a Kona Hei Hei full sus 29er blinged up to fund a CX build. The chap that bought the bike has not used the bike and I mean, NOT USED the bike since buying it from me so!
    What I sold it for and what I can buy it back for now it would be a bargain for this quality high end bike and I don’t have a full susser so do I do it? He has even asked me to try and sell it for him if I don’t want it?
    I’m very tempted though! 😕
    Here it is!

PiknMix
    Free Member

I would love the chap off of here to sell me back my bike, I miss it so much and wouldn’t care how much it had been ridden as long as it was still in good condition.

That looks lovely, get it back.

ton

yes, deffo

my ventana 29r would be mine right now if my last op had worked.
    a Nicolai I sold bigpete after only 1 ride.
    a heckler I sold after a very bad crash cos I had the wrong forks on it.
    and 2 singular swifts……**** knows why I let em go.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’d quite like my PRST-4 back.

andycs

Yes. Would buy back my Chameleon if I could, and would be even more keen to buy back my Hutch Judge and my GHP.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I would love my Marin Hawk Hill back, I had the best times on that bike. Keep looking on eBay for one but they never come up.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I might be interested in buying it what size is it?

FOG

Similar problem, sold nicely built Scandal to a mate about 4 years ago who never uses it and has even hinted I might like to buy it back but I don’t know how much to offer. I’m not that desperate to have it back but it would be a handy hack but I don’ t want to pay a fortune so what does STW think? Half what he paid me? Less? More?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Larry,

It’s a 18″ medium 2009 frame!

Email me if you want to discuss!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Would have my Kona Muni-Mula (green, small frame) back in a trice.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Bugger I need a large. How did you get on with it, are they light?

tk46hal
    Free Member

FOG,
    It’s hard to estimate a value on a bike but you sold your Scandal 4 years ago!If I was thinking of buying it back then I would think 20% reduction per year for something in the state if was when you sold it but that is my opinion! 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

I bought my 2008 456 frame back from the guy I sold it to for the same price.Will now ride it till it breaks.

trailhound
    Free Member

Would of loved to buy back my first Pace RC200 about a day after I sold it!
    Didn’t really want to sell it in the first place, and regretted it for years! Never ever saw it again.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – I sold my old VP-Free to a guy in Cambridge. Would have that back in a shot…

Rachel

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I really want my old trailstar back, sold to some guy called Duane in South Wales.

Wonder what happened to it.

cookeaa

+1 TINAS, I’d love to buy my old trailstar back.

As for the OP’s question, apply and appropriate amount of depreciation for the 12 months “wear and tear” and take back your baby, essentially you’ve just used one bike as collateral on a loan for another, but paying less to get it back, makes your mate into about the best pawn shop in the world…

MrOvershoot

Like FOG I stupidly sold a Scandal (actually it was the Proto Scandal)
    First built up as a SS then my best ever commute bike “The Car Chaser”

P20

Yes. Like many on this thread, I shouldn’t have sold it….

114 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

bigrich

never sell bikes, hide them behind the shed.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I want my 456 with 140mm Revs on back why oh why did I sell it 😥

I really hanker after a HT again but do I join the 650b revolution?

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I’d have my Langster back. Really miss it, geared bikes just aren’t the same I’m afraid.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I bought my Ducati ST4 back three years after I sold it. I was gutted when it went but at the time I needed the money. Then I got a job and started nagging the guy to sell it back to me, two and a half years later he agreed to 🙂

smogmonster

I sold my Cube Fritzz last year to put towards my house deposit..id buy it back tomorrow if i could. Great bike but i had other priorities at the time.

keefus
    Free Member

I’d buy back my Orange Evo 2 in a heartbeat!

beaker2135

Yep, nickel plated P7
    I’d buy another in the blink of an eye

tonyd

I’d buy them all back. If I had the money and space I would never have sold them in the first place. One day Rodney…

Atomizer

Yes, I’d buy a Purple Jones i sold, which got sold on (and on).
    Seemed the right thing to do at the time… Hey ho!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yes and no. I built a Pace RC303, Thomson, Air Revs and X9 kit. Totally over spent then sold it barely used as I was skint. Massive loss. I looked lovely. I’d love it back but from what I hear the RC303 wasn’t a particularly strong frame and had a few failures, hence the yes and no answer!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Well, I have now committed myself into buying the Kona hei hei back but don’t let the wife know as she will not understand why I need it back!

ska-49
    Free Member

The Kingdom Foia V2 I sold last summer. Was such a nice bike. Would buy it back in a heartbeat.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

My Merida race bike. It pains me to this day not having it.

Superficial
    Free Member

Life’s too short to ride all the bikes I want to ride.

Your old bike won’t be as amazing as you remember and you could ride something different and more interesting.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy back a bike you sold?’ is closed to new replies.