• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Would You Buy a Titus FTM?
  • shooterman

Been offered a brand new one at a good price. Had been thinking about a motolite. A few reviews of the FTM have mentioned serious lateral flex at the rear. Before you ask, there's no chance of a test ride.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmm about a year ago i was offered a Titus Motolite as they come in really small frames for small people like me ! just a small lottery win would have done it ! lol had alot of excellent reviews about the motolite its just the price thats all…. how much if you dont mind me asking… 😉

heihei

I've a Titus Motolite and have to say it's just as stiff in the rear as other bikes (5-Spot etc). I can't believe Titus would have made the FTM flexier.

shooterman

FTM is around £700 and 2007 Motolite is around £450 Elaine. Both brand new and stock the shop couldn't shift.

Kuco

Yes

elaineanne
    Free Member

eh ? is that just for the frame ! lol geez i was talking quite a few thousands of pounds for it being built up and someone my hubby knows paid around 4 grand for his Titus Motolite last year !

heihei

Titus frames can be had dirt-cheap. They have failed to build any sort of brand recognition in the same way other boutique US frames have done, and as a result, they don't sell very well and second hand prices are shockingly low. They've been through a couple of importers here in the UK and still don't seem to have cracked it.

It's a shame as I think they are stunning frames and ride well.

It does mean they are a bargain second-hand or for older models being sold off cheap.

DT78
    Free Member

Look on jenson's website for cheap import frames. I nearly bought one last year. About the same price new from there as alot of the second hand prices I've seen

(I was looking at motolites though)

mmannerr

FTM's older than '10 have too narrow rear triangles to run anything bigger than a 2.1" tyre. Other than that they should be fine for intented use – long legged xc bike rather than burly All Mountain.
    Jenson offer is tempting though, but I still don't know if it is worthy replacement for my Racer-x.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    Look on jenson's website for cheap import frames. I nearly bought one last year. About the same price new from there as alot of the second hand prices I've seen

Bought my Motolite from jensons , in feb this year.
    you need to factor in the price ,plus import duty of 4.5% + vat at 17.5 % and a handling charge from fedex of about a tenner.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If it was a good price I'd buy it to sell on, otherwise, their geometry is not really what I'm after.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

One of my mates too his FTM on our annual trip to the Alps a few weeks back. It's more of a long legged XC bike than something like a Spec Enduro but still coped OK on all the DH runs we did. Built up with SLX kit to just over 30lbs.

I rode it for a bit and didn't notice too much in the way of rear-end flex. Not like my other mates Cube Fritz which was shocking!

shooterman

Long legged XC might just be what I'm after. Don't do jumps or drops but do need something to soak up the punishment resulting from my lack of skills!

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Well I took his bike over jumps and off drops and it held up OK. Notably steeper angles and higher BB than my 06 Enduro hence the more XC bias in my comment above.

los
    Free Member

shooterman, can you still get an 07 Motolite for around £450?? That or Jensons would be very tempting!

Spud

For £450 get the Motolite. If it's an FTM then it's the 2010 you want. IMO the FTM has less tyre clearance on the back than the ML. My ML is great!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Would You Buy a Titus FTM?’ is closed to new replies.