Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Would you buy a personalised chainstay protector?
  • andyl
    Free Member

I’d quite line one that fits the carbon 456 chainstays as the only one that fits is the Lezyne one and I don’t use any of their stuff so why would I want to put their name on my bike? I wouldnt put my name on it though, would just want it with On One or Carbon 456 or something in dark grey or gloss black on a matt black protector as my frames graphics are nice and discrete so I would want it to match.

I am sure there is a few carbon 456 owners that would be interested. Can send you the dimensions if you want?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Why not use a selection of ‘Charlie the Bikemonger’ style quotes? Eg. “I brake for cake” etc

squiff
    Free Member

andyl

ok, what are your dimensions

The ones I have done are 26cm x 7cm plus velcro

squiff
    Free Member

stumpytrek

Yes I was thinking of that as well, the list is endless of what you can put onto them.

andyl
    Free Member

not sure how big they need to be to stretch round and get a nice secure fit etc but tape mesure round the chainstay says 12.5/13cm up at the crank end and 8cm down at the other end and 28cm long. I have seen the Lezyne fitted and that is 180x250mm but I guess that includes the velcro?

brant
    Free Member

Always interested but imagine costs too high for distributed margin via shops.

Email pricing to him at Shedfire dot com

Ta

Euro
    Free Member

To to blunt, there’s not a lot of ‘Design’ happening there.

With a bit more thought to colours and typography they could look alright.

I always imagine guys with their name on their bike would have personalised car plates too.

squiff
    Free Member

Euro

His is something I have just come up with to add to my range of personal gifts/products and if it goes like my other items I am selling than I will be a happy man. Am still working on designs for the protectors but I think it could be a winner with the right designs etc

jimmy

Hi Simon 😯

squiff
    Free Member

eh, lol

squiff
    Free Member

Something like these.

takisawa2

I put a Specialized one on my Ventana, (but blacked out the “Specialized” name). Nothing against Specialized though. 😉

breatheeasy
    Free Member

How about black with black reflective lettering? Subtle with mates, lifesaving on the road!!!!

andyl
    Free Member

Merlin have a nice one of their own I got with my bike (they don’t seem to sell them but I asked and got one thrown in). It’s a bit harder textured than the normal neoprene ones like the specialized one but in a way I prefer the normal DHB one on the GFs rockhopper as it is easier to clean.

Personally I think it’s a shame to see an inner tube or self amal silicone tape on a bike which has cost a lot of money. Fair enough on a pub bike – adds the look.

My email is in my profile so drop me a line if you want more sizing details for the C456. I am sure On One would be interested, can post it up on their facebook if you like as other owners may also want some.

Your 2nd phrase down reminded me of this famous Airbus cock-up:

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Not for me, but I’m sure plenty of people would go for it.

if you can get the unit cost down I’d target shops

argyle
    Free Member

if you can get the unit cost down I’d target shops

as I said earlier – Lizard Skins do it, for shops and teams, for free…

those ‘amusing’ ones up there are awful

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hate to say this but is there a copyright issue using Yeti name on a product for sale?

squiff
    Free Member

foxyrider

I would’nt sell brand names, this was just an idea for my own personal use

breatheeasy

Like your idea there.

So overall quite mixed reviews about the idea. I shall take some of the ideas given and see where it gets me

andyl
    Free Member

Any news squiff?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a personalised chainstay protector?’ is closed to new replies.