Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Would you buy a butt ugly car?
  • iainc

richmtb – I dunno, I can see those Mini’s appealing to some stw’ers 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Name one standard/boggo car that is utterly beautiful all round? All have some sort foible.

Apart from certain Alfa’s I struggle with the aesthetics on cars.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I like the new Fiat 500’s, even boggo. Cute.

and as you say, Alfa. The MITO is lovely.

I like our Audi A1. Shame they started doing the stupid roof colours.

jambourgie
    Free Member

That roof-tent thing up there is ace! Is it real?

Andy-R

ryan91 – Member
    I like how I’m the third Doblo owner to congregate on the thread about ugly cars. My Doblo has an honest charm, it is what it is and makes no attempt to be anything it isn’t.

I’ve got a Doblo cargo (and a pre-facelift one at that). I don’t really care what it looks like – it’s probably the most useful vehicle that I’ve owned in a long time. Work tools, trail building tools, firewood, bikes (upright with wheels on) stuff to the tip. I’ve even added a roof rack, just to make it even uglier, but I can carry ladders, lengths of timber, sheets of ply and plasterboard.

You’ll have gathered that I like it…..

hora
    Free Member

Saying that. The Forester can be described as but-ugly. Chrisdiesel on here calls it the postman pat van, sis in law refers to mine as ‘the hearse’..

I think its **** gorgeous

Northwind

Mine isn’t pretty… I mean, it’s a middle aged estate, they’re all workmanlike but when they made the execu-barge model, they replaced the bumpers the designer drew with random POWAR BUMPERS which make the entire thing look fat, not to mention too low to the ground to get onto the ramps without mangling them. Not that it’s actually lowered, it’s just wearing a plastic dress.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Agreed hora , something about forresters of that age… It was the only good model before they went all tall suv like.

hora
    Free Member

Yep- I keep thinking what Subbie would be next? The ‘bigger’ newer Forester just looks like a Kia/Hyundia etc vehicle. The newer Legacy too angular.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

The more stylish or good looking usually means more money.

More money comes from more work.

No way I want to work more just for a prettier bit of metal.

So yep, ugly cars as long as they’re practical are fine for me!

mark90
    Free Member

That roof-tent thing up there is ace! Is it real?

Yes real….

http://www.rooftent.co.uk/webpages/maggiolina.html

brassneck

Yes real….

http://www.rooftent.co.uk/webpages/maggiolina.html

That is ace. I saw some Germans touring with one of these years back and have wanted one ever since.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a butt ugly car?’ is closed to new replies.